The Student Room Group

Need help choosing a levels asap

Heyy! I'm an 11th grader (I think that's Year 12 in the UK, I'm an international student but I'm planning to study abroad, not sure where yet) and I am an overall creative person. However, I'm extremely indecessive and so I have a HUGE array of fields in mind such as:
Art and Animation, Design , engineering (related to physics and bio) , and architecture.

And so I want an A level combination that keeps my options as open as possible for all those fields? So far I've chosen Math and Physics A level and my third A level can be between the following (Keep in mind that I'm limited in my options as my country only provides the basic major subjects) :

1)Art and design (Useful for an art, animation, design or architecture degree. BUT will it put me at disadvantage if I persue engineering as it might be considered a "soft subject"? )

2)Biology (Most favourite of all my sciences and one I'm best at however I'm just interested in bio-engineering when it comes to biology. But I think overall it'll be better to have two sciences in your A levels for engineering right? )

3)chemistry (Least favourite science subject but I think it's more preffered than art and design or biology when it comes to engineering? I don't want anything chemical engineering related though but Idk if it'll be risky not to take chem)

ANY HELP/ADVICE OR EVEN OTHER SUBJECT SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED!
(edited 5 years ago)
Is that it? Bump?

Choose ones you can get good grades in an enjoy?
Choose ones that get you onto your chosen course. You can find out what they are by looking at entrance requirements.
Original post by 999tigger
Is that it? Bump?

Choose ones you can get good grades in an enjoy?
Choose ones that get you onto your chosen course. You can find out what they are by looking at entrance requirements.

What? No... Wait, Is my full question not appearing? I'm sorry I'm just new to all of this!
Reply 3
Original post by infinitedreams47
Heyy! I'm an 11th grader (I think that's Year 12 in the UK, I'm an international student but I'm planning to study abroad, not sure where yet) and I am an overall creative person. However, I'm extremely indecessive and so I have a HUGE array of fields in mind such as:
Art and Animation, Design , engineering (related to physics and bio) , and architecture.

And so I want an A level combination that keeps my options as open as possible for all those fields? So far I've chosen Math and Physics A level and my third A level can be between the following (Keep in mind that I'm limited in my options as my country only provides the basic major subjects) :

1)Art and design (Useful for an art, animation, design or architecture degree. BUT will it put me at disadvantage if I persue engineering as it might be considered a "soft subject"? )

2)Biology (Most favourite of all my sciences and one I'm best at however I'm just interested in bio-engineering when it comes to biology. But I think overall it'll be better to have two sciences in your A levels for engineering right? )

3)chemistry (Least favourite science subject but I think it's more preffered than art and design or biology when it comes to engineering? I don't want anything chemical engineering related though but Idk if it'll be risky not to take chem)

ANY HELP/ADVICE OR EVEN OTHER SUBJECT SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED!

With engineering, I think physics is preferred rather to chemistry.

Latest