mshilcock
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi, I’m applying to start a paramedic course starting in 2019 currently doing my UCAS application now.
Ive had a job as a customer service assistant in retail since Oct 2017 so nearly a year. I also have a Level 1 first aid certificate with St John’s ambulance which i completed in high school and a suicide prevention certificate which i recently got at college.
Im wondering what else university’s might look for in order to make my application stand out. Im about to begin driving and going to do multiple lessons each week in order to hopefully pass by around April 2019, before finishing my A Levels. I have tried to join up as a CFR and other oppertunities with SJA and the Red Cross but theres no vacancies in my area at the minute.

Any andvice on the application process and what may help me to boost it will be appreciated!
scienceishguy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by mshilcock)
Hi, I’m applying to start a paramedic course starting in 2019 currently doing my UCAS application now.
Ive had a job as a customer service assistant in retail since Oct 2017 so nearly a year. I also have a Level 1 first aid certificate with St John’s ambulance which i completed in high school and a suicide prevention certificate which i recently got at college.
Im wondering what else university’s might look for in order to make my application stand out. Im about to begin driving and going to do multiple lessons each week in order to hopefully pass by around April 2019, before finishing my A Levels. I have tried to join up as a CFR and other oppertunities with SJA and the Red Cross but theres no vacancies in my area at the minute.

Any andvice on the application process and what may help me to boost it will be appreciated!
I am applying to Paramedic Science for the second year running (did the application and interview process last year then withdrew - silly me!). In your personal statement if you can say why you done the things you have and what you got out of them... that is most important. Quality not quantity, I would look at the NHS website too and anything to do with the MMI interview process as that’s what you will face later on once interview season starts. Any relevant stuff at this time is great, anything you start doing after you submit application can be spoken about at interviews.

Feel free to ping me a PM if you like! Glad to see someone on here who is applying for the same course as me! Love to know what unis you’re interested in too!
keir_taylor
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
A way I got experience was by googling the nearest hospital to me to see if it had work experience program and I was able to go a week helping in an urgent care center in Halton it was really good and gave me an edge another thing I did to get a place was girl guiding or scouts which requires first aid training but also helps the uni know you can talk to the public weather they be children other leaders or parents and also proves your caring

Another thing would be to apply using all 5 options because I didn’t get in using my first 5 so I used extra and got a place at Teesside using it and now I couldn’t be happier
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (606)
33.85%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (749)
41.84%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (355)
19.83%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (80)
4.47%

Watched Threads