Report Thread starter 2 years ago
How to answer a 16 mark “evaluate” question
EternalKiss
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Okay, here's my tip.

On a 16 marker, usually it's an outline and evaluate. Outline is 6 marks and evaluate is 10 marks which means you need to be putting much more detail and time into the evaluation side and not get bogged down in the outline.
I don't know how you have been taught, but my college has taught me to structure my evaluations as Point, Evidence, Therefore (P.E.T).

So, if i was asked to outline and evaluate variations affecting conformity my answer may go something like this:

Point: A limitation of Ash's variations is that the sample of Asch's study is said to be unrepresentative

Evidence: This is because only American students who were men were tested on by Asch. Other research has suggested that women may conform more and this may be due to their concern for social relationships and being accepted is higher than it is for males.

Therefore: This is a limitation because it means Asch's findings may only apply to American males as he did not take into account gender differences, therefore we cannot generalize the results to both genders.

And you would do this for about 4 evaluation points - suggested 2 strengths and 2 weaknesses.

I hope this helps x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (104)
27.44%
England (128)
33.77%
Belgium (30)
7.92%
Germany (40)
10.55%
Spain (8)
2.11%