shortstuff04080
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey,
So am I currently looking at Universities and want to study History and Politics. I am predicted A,A,B and also need to find insurance university with A,B,B as entry requirements. I have also completed an EPQ and got a B, so I knwo that some universities will drop their requirements by a grade. I would preferably like a city based university, but not a massive city! I also want to be a journalist, so anywhere with a good student newspaper and radio would be great. If anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate your advice!
Thanks
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by shortstuff04080)
Hey,
So am I currently looking at Universities and want to study History and Politics. I am predicted A,A,B and also need to find insurance university with A,B,B as entry requirements. I have also completed an EPQ and got a B, so I knwo that some universities will drop their requirements by a grade. I would preferably like a city based university, but not a massive city! I also want to be a journalist, so anywhere with a good student newspaper and radio would be great. If anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate your advice!
Thanks
Where have you shortlisted already? Have you visited any?

You have until January to apply - there's no rush...

By the way, you can also afford to apply to one or two AAA universities - you are reasonably likely to get offers. Also, to get an EPQ reduced offer from a university such as Bath you'd need an A in your EPQ.

PS. I'm moving this so it has links in the History courses and Social and Political Sciences forums.
Aloha1
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by shortstuff04080)
Hey,
Thanks
Definitely SHEFFIELD UNIVERSITY. Not a massive city, good journalism uni, lowers History and Politics (AAB) to ABB with B in EPQ
shortstuff04080
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Doonesbury)
Where have you shortlisted already? Have you visited any?

You have until January to apply - there's no rush...

By the way, you can also afford to apply to one or two AAA universities - you are reasonably likely to get offers. Also, to get an EPQ reduced offer from a university such as Bath you'd need an A in your EPQ.

PS. I'm moving this so it has links in the History courses and Social and Political Sciences forums.
I have looked at Sheffield and Cardiff and am booked in to see Leeds in October. I liked both of them for different reasons. Course at Sheffield looked great, but wasn't overwhelmed with the city. Cardiff city was lovely but need to explore their course further. There have been some issues with the EPQ. I have spoken to poepl from 10 other schools, including grammar and private schools and no one got an A this year. I spoke to admissions at Sheffield and ythey said theyve changed it to only needing a B now. We are still looking at resubitting mine with a dofferent exam board so that I can hopefully get an A, as I was predicted an A*. Thank you for your help though, I really appreciate it!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (145)
14.4%
I'm not sure (42)
4.17%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (302)
29.99%
I have already dropped out (26)
2.58%
I'm not a current university student (492)
48.86%

Watched Threads