Want more information about this university?
gillvids
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
My son is thinking about quitting Uni already, only started this week. What happens to his Student Finance as already had 1st instalment which has gone on accommodation
Aadilkharl123
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
im pretty sure nothing, but the next installments obviously will not be given
Aadilkharl123
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Furthermore the first installment can be taken out of his first job if he goes higher than a £25,000 salary
gillvids
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Thank you, just worried about financial implications!
JasmineEm
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi
If you son does quit before christmas, I believe that he will only be charged for the first semester. However, if he stays till after christmas he will be charged for the full academic year of university study.
Your son also has a contract with accommodation, if he does drop out (even if he moves home) he may still have to pay for the full year of accommodation unless him/the accommodation can find a replacment to take over the tenancy.

Univeristy can be a massive change, if he has not settled in well or looking to drop out. I would advice him to talk to the library services, lectures and seminar teachers about his best options.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (70)
27.13%
No - I have already returned home (29)
11.24%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (54)
20.93%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (28)
10.85%
No - I live at home during term anyway (77)
29.84%

Watched Threads