Reply 6
The new forum..
Reply 7
m
I hope this fits the bill ....... use your new forum wisley :smile:

thanks
m

Thank ye kindly, good sir! *Doffs hat* :biggrin:

Many thanks to everyone who posted on my 'I DEMAND a History forum' thread, adding their support - our petitioning has now paid off! :smile:
kew96158
Thank ye kindly, good sir! *Doffs hat* :biggrin:

Many thanks to everyone who posted on my 'I DEMAND a History forum' thread, adding their support - our petitioning has now paid off! :smile:

Thats ok!

Thanks mods! *Clasps hand to heart in an over-the-top yet sincere manner*
Reply 9
Why isn't there an English sub-forum?!
Reply 10
wow yeya - THANKS!
Reply 11
Hi

I am looking at history, but didnt do history at AS/A2.I found a perfect course at LSE that teaches things like Russian Revolution,Arab Israeli conflict,united states and the vietnam war and other world conflicts.Does ne 1 know of ne other uni that does such course contents?

Cheers for ne response
Thank you, m. So if you wanted to talk about history in general do you put it in here or say in debate and discussion such as my threads on Oliver Cromwell etc?
Nice to see this new forum - hopefully now the historians will be quiet!

(just jokes peeps)
Reply 14
SiAnY
Nice to see this new forum - hopefully now the historians will be quiet!

(just jokes peeps)

:biggrin:
Reply 15
My Degree would History.
I have an AA which means I have enough units to start at an American University as Junior (Third year student). I have 82 units of which 70 (semester) units are transferable to an American Uni. In the U.S. most classes at a semester College or Uni's are 3 units except for a few math classes and all Science classes that are 4 units. At a Quarter Colleges or Uni's classes are 4 units with a few being worth 5 units. I have two English classes with C's, a American Lit class with a C, two World Civ classes with B's, two U.S. History classes with a C and an A, a History of WWII class with an A , a History of the Vietnam War class with an A, and an U.S. Government class with a C . Along others classes. My GPA in the courses I listed is 3.33 and know that in England you don't use GPA's.

Does anyone know if as an American, with no A-levels, and being 23 years old were would the best place for me to apply?
Reply 16
UK universities don't have gpa's, but they know what they are and they are familiar with american applicant qualifications, especially from university. You're best bet would be to email different universities with your qualifications and see what they say.
As a general rule, I would imagine it would be easier to transfer into a 4 year program rather than a 3 year. If you transferred to a three year, you might have to repeat a year. Essentially, your admission would be based on your transcript, if most of your scores are in the C-B range, look at schools that give offers somewhere between CCC and BBB. There's also the American International University - Richmond. www.richmond.ac.uk
Reply 17
I said in the post I know you do not use gpa's. Would British Uni's look at all the units or just ones that might be taken in the Degree course in Britain?

Latest

Trending

Trending