Crashmatt314
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi there, I am currently thinking of applying to York but wanted to know what the badminton was like there, I am pretty serious when it comes to training and competing and was wondering if anyone can tell me what the facilities there are like as well as how often people train and how accessible gyms are (mostly campus west). Can anyone help?
BlueEyedGirl_
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
So we have a badminton club at York who are actually pretty successful. They compete in BUCS matches on Wednesday’s and also play in our summer varsity, Roses. I’m not fully sure how often they train but I see them at the sports hall a lot so they seem like a very active club! For gyms, the campus west gym is pretty good and easy to get membership for, and then there’s also the hes east sports village which is slightly more expensive but also has more facilities. But for badminton, all the training will be on hes west
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (43)
37.07%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (11)
9.48%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (5)
4.31%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (29)
25%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (18)
15.52%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (10)
8.62%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise