Can’t hear clearly through my right ear Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So I got a cotton bud to clean my ear after having a shower and now my ear feels blocked I put another cotton bud in thinking it’s ear wax blocked up but the cotton bud comes out clean and my ear still feels like it’s blocked I can barely hear through my right ear.

What can I do ? Help
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So I got a cotton bud to clean my ear after having a shower and now my ear feels blocked I put another cotton bud in thinking it’s ear wax blocked up but the cotton bud comes out clean and my ear still feels like it’s blocked I can barely hear through my right ear.

What can I do ? Help
that's where you ****ed up! ur not supposed to use them things!! you're supposed to get a cleaning serum and let the wax soften then leak out, then dab out with a towel or napkin. The cotton bud pushes the wax IN. You're supposed to us the cotton swab to swab around edges, not dig anything out. I've done this loads of times. So what you need to do is keep your eyes open and pinch your nose and blow your nose. Then go to your local chemist and ask for ear drops. You might have also given urself an infection so a trip to the GP is a good idea and ask for PENICILLIN OR AMOXICILLIN in an oral antibiotic. You can also get the ear wax professionally removed by an audiologist. They use a vacuum. Trust me.
TeenRose29
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I swear you ain't supposed to stick cotton buds in your ears anyway, but maybe go to the doctor and tell him to refer you to an audiologist or something
Kindred
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

What can I do ? Help
Most likely is a wax blockage. Using cotton buds or anything else to clean in your ears isn't the best idea. They will often just push any wax further in and compact it while wiping away your ears natural defensive layer (making you more at risk of infections and irritation).

Assuming you have no pain, pop into a pharmacy or the medical-ie Isle in a shop like tesco and get some olive oil ear drops. Use those as directed on the pack for a couple of days. That will soften up any wax and mean it can slip out more easily. If just the drops don't help after a couple of days you can rinse your ears with warm water. If you're still not having any luck you can call your GP surgery and ask to see a nurse about your ears.

If you are getting pain or believe you could have a ruptured ear drum or infection book to see GP. Don't poke around or use anything else in your ears until you've don't that.

If in doubt call a pharmacy and ask for some advice.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

What can I do ? Help
Just to add to what Kindred says, if you do irrigate your ear you must make sure the water is at body temperature, or you could experience severe vertigo if you use hot (or cold) water. It's an exceptionally unpleasant experience. If you use Otex ear drops, you sometimes find a red bulb pipette which comes in the kit specifically for irrigating the ear canal.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (115)
17.45%
It's just nice to be back! (180)
27.31%
Not great so far... (237)
35.96%
I want to drop out! (127)
19.27%

Watched Threads