Revision for GCSE

Watch
lokidokie
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm in year 11 and will be sitting my GCSE's this academic year. But, I've got mixed advice on when to start revising.

I've been told by most people to start proper revision just before easter- others have said January, some December. Others have said they revised the night before and morning of the exam (and still passed with great grades) and I am perplexed lol.

Anyways- anyone know when the best time is for me to start doing serious revision? I have my mocks in December which I'll start revising for soon.
taranmistry
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
yo dude I'm in the same year as you but struggling to find the best way to revise can you help me please
AngelStarfire
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Same I’m in Year 11 and I need help with both knowing when to start revision and knowing the best way to revise. I have mocks in November but I haven’t started revising.
lokidokie
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by taranmistry)
yo dude I'm in the same year as you but struggling to find the best way to revise can you help me please
What subjects do you do?
For science I use flash cards.
For maths I do past papers.
For english I write Cordell notes- search it up on youtube, it's a great way to note take.
And for RE I just use a textbook to answer questions.

I take computer science, history and drama.
For history I just look through my notes and write key things down.
Computer science I use Seneca learning- a great free website.
For drama- ngl never really had to revise for that, it's more practical.

But I'd use Seneca learning- it's a useful website with a ton of GCSE subjects to revise.
taranmistry
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by lokidokie)
What subjects do you do?
For science I use flash cards.
For maths I do past papers.
For english I write Cordell notes- search it up on youtube, it's a great way to note take.
And for RE I just use a textbook to answer questions.

I take computer science, history and drama.
For history I just look through my notes and write key things down.
Computer science I use Seneca learning- a great free website.
For drama- ngl never really had to revise for that, it's more practical.

But I'd use Seneca learning- it's a useful website with a ton of GCSE subjects to revise.
my subjects are:
maths(foundation)
English
further maths
science(combined)
history
product design
business studies
French(foundation)
Filipina.x
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I’m also in year 11 and for the Sciences I use flash cards. I read the examiners notes from the GCSEs this year and they said that the last year 11s did not do so well with the required practical questions. So we must know the methods in doing the practicals and understand graph questions etc. For me, flash cards are the best way of revising since I’m using all my senses- hearing, seeing, touching etc. and it also you tests you on your memory.

What I do that I think is useful is that I add all the subject specifications onto my favourites page into Safari so it’s easier for me when I’m revising and see what content might come up during the exams. I also use this app called ‘flipd’ which removes your apps for particular hours so it stops you from procrastinating. There is also a timer feature in which if you exit the app the timer restarts. I think this is very useful in the long run!

All I can say now is good luck don’t procrastinate but learn when to rest and not over do yourself with too much work!
Fin462846
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Just start as soon as possible there’s nothing to lose from doing it you just make your brain become bigger
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (30)
7.06%
October 2021 (194)
45.65%
November 2021 (44)
10.35%
December 2021 (57)
13.41%
January 2021 (47)
11.06%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (39)
9.18%