veggie4life
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
They are a wonderful thing those little random acts of kindness - be they opening a door for someone, letting someone go first, or lending your eat to someone who needs a rant.

Share the random acts of kindness you've done or the acts you've been treated to

No matter how small or great they make me all fuzzy xD
milly.
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Someone thought I worked at ASDA and asked me where the fish pies were. I didn't even get angry at them for mistaking me for an ASDA employee, I just took them to the right freezer. I feel almost angelic.
nuttygirl
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
you are an angel! lol

Are you a joinee veggie4life?
x
tomoli
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by milly.)
Someone thought I worked at ASDA and asked me where the fish pies were. I didn't even get angry at them for mistaking me for an ASDA employee, I just took them to the right freezer. I feel almost angelic.
How insulting.

Edit: I work for Waitrose, so that is friendly rivalness not just prejudice against ASDA employees.
Prudy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
THIS is a random act of kindness: http://youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4

I can;t help smilign every time I watch this.

Music's good too!
veggie4life
Rep:
?
Lol i didn't want to post any random acts because then it would like i've made this thread to get some glory lol!

But i'll share a couple of acts that i've recieved!

A complete stranger online saw how rubbish my computer was (had listed specs) and sent me a graphics card and some RAM - he built computers so they were jut spares but it was still an incredibly nice thing to do!

and today i was ten pence short on pic and mix and the guy behind gave me ten p

Jurisprude thanks for the random act Check your rep! I left you one
Cowberg
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I ALWAYS let people on and off the bus before me. Sometimes I think I'm too nice, especially when I'm squeezed out of the train on the Circle Line at Paddington.

May 16th, Canterbury gets free carrots!

Oh, and I paid some girl's bus ticket when she didn't have enough dosh in her pockets, and the alternative was a scramble through her bag. About £1.50, I think. And it wans't for anything, either.
SoundDevastation
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Missed my coach back from London last night.. A complete stranger offered me floor space, a mattress, tea and chocolate. it was lovely!
Overground
Badges: 17
Report 12 years ago
Not to sound like I'm blowing my own trumpet, but I do this rather a lot.

- I'll always open doors for people, no matter how ugly, old or male they are.
- Couple of weeks ago I brought a burger for one of those guys holding up a sign saying 'SALE - this way'. He looked happy, so it made me happy.
- The other day I was on the bus and I had a big packet of chocolate buttons that I was finishing off (my friend gave them to me, I couldn't eat a whole packet...). Anyway, the toddler opposite starting crying when she saw the buttons, and asked her mom for some, who in more words told her to **** off. I gave her the whole packet, or what was left
- I've paid for people in front of me in queues two or three times when they're <£1 short.

I seem to do it more than I get it, though. That's karma baby.
A is for Awesome
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I let a peasant touch me once.

True story.
Metrobeans
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by veggie4life)
They are a wonderful thing those little random acts of kindness - be they opening a door for someone, letting someone go first, or lending your eat to someone who needs a rant.

Share the random acts of kindness you've done or the acts you've been treated to

No matter how small or great they make me all fuzzy xD
Did you steal the idea of this thread from Scott Mills? :hmmm:
Tut.exe
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
yeah,

there was this one time in the club, a girl i was randomly talking to was a bit drunk and her house was far away so i just let her stay in my halls for the night coz it was just 15 mins walk from the club. kidding.

I did lots of generous stuff i dont remember any of them.
nuttygirl
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Metrobeans)
or danny wallace? with his awesome book and joinees?
x
silent
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
On a similar note how awkward is it when you and someone else approach a door from opposite sides, and then you both go for the "you first" signal? And then one person has to concede defeat.
veggie4life
Rep:
?
(Original post by Metrobeans)
erm i didnt think of random acts of kindness lol its a concept that existed long before Scott Mills. Lol that is the first smilie thats intimidated me !
Prudy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Well thank you very much veggie.:blushing:
Nadinus
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by MSD)
On a similar note how awkward is it when you and someone else approach a door from opposite sides, and then you both go for the "you first" signal? And then one person has to concede defeat.
Lol yeah that's awkward.
veggie4life
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jurisprude)
Well thank you very much veggie.:blushing:
your more than welcome
edit: just saw my rep - your winning two one on the kindness front lol sooo...

im taking a chance not everyone smiles but hopefully you will http://youtube.com/watch?v=VCm0kn-Mbdo
Overground
Badges: 17
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by MSD)
It's not awkward if you're a true gentleman. What you do is you hurry up, open the door and stand aside to let the other person glide through unencumbered. And then you get to stare at their arse..

Nah seriously, just do that. I always do it. It's more polite than just holding a door open behind you for someone.
veggie4life
Rep:
?
(Original post by Overground)
It's not awkward if you're a true gentleman. What you do is you hurry up, open the door and stand aside to let the other person glide through unencumbered. And then you get to stare at their arse..

Nah seriously, just do that. I always do it. It's more polite than just holding a door open behind you for someone.
Lol i normally do what you do but instead of walking quicker i end up walk-running and scaring the other person lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Had lockdown impacted your relationships?

Yes, my partner and I are struggling (17)
8.02%
Yes, my partner and I broke up (14)
6.6%
Yes, it's hard being around my family so much (44)
20.75%
Yes, I'm feeling lonely isolating alone (27)
12.74%
No, nothing has changed (70)
33.02%
No, it's helped improve my relationships (40)
18.87%

Watched Threads