The Student Room Group

Work Experience

Hi, I'm currently retaking my A-Level exams and plan on re-applying for chemical engineering. The UCAS coordinator at my school has told me to get some work experience in engineering but I cannot find any. What should I do? Has anyone else been in the same situation before?
Original post by Nigel1322
Hi, I'm currently retaking my A-Level exams and plan on re-applying for chemical engineering. The UCAS coordinator at my school has told me to get some work experience in engineering but I cannot find any. What should I do? Has anyone else been in the same situation before?

Not necessary.

There are some schemes I'd imagine, but they're few and far between. Hard to get experience unless you know someone in the industry already.
Reply 2
Original post by Blue_Cow
Not necessary.

There are some schemes I'd imagine, but they're few and far between. Hard to get experience unless you know someone in the industry already.

Thanks for responding.
But, if I do not get work experience, do you think I still have a chance of getting an offer from universities like Birmingham or Manchester?
Original post by Nigel1322
Thanks for responding.
But, if I do not get work experience, do you think I still have a chance of getting an offer from universities like Birmingham or Manchester?

Yes
Reply 4
Original post by Blue_Cow
Yes

Thank you again.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending