Scared I’m going to fail further maths Watch

disgust
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I’ve just started year 12 and I’m doing maths further maths and computing and the further maths work just seems so difficult and when I try to do the book work for revision each question seems so different from the next. What should I do?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
shameful_burrito
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
You could ask your teacher for help after classes. And then after you understand the concepts, you go home and do a lot more questions
disgust
Rep:
?
I ask my teacher a lot of questions. Most of the time I can leave around 12:30 but I always stay until 4pm doing questions from the book. And my teacher doesn’t really explain the question. He’s just answers it really fast and I don’t understand how he did it
xavoa
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
just study hard and have think of the brown envelope with the grade A* on it, you get their by working hard and putting the effort in before the exams, that's all, there is a reason you got into further maths (it's because you are good at maths)
shameful_burrito
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by disgust)
I ask my teacher a lot of questions. Most of the time I can leave around 12:30 but I always stay until 4pm doing questions from the book. And my teacher doesn’t really explain the question. He’s just answers it really fast and I don’t understand how he did it
You could try youtube. Is further maths the equivalent of advanced higher maths in scotland?
disgust
Rep:
?
(Original post by shameful_burrito)
You could try youtube. Is further maths the equivalent of advanced higher maths in scotland?
I assume so?
bethaniteddy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Are there any other teachers that you could sit with after school to go through the questions maybe they have a different method or way of explaining the solution that would help you understand it more, or just take more time to explain it and check you fully understand it? If not have you tried any online videos about the topic on youtube or exam solutions?
disgust
Rep:
?
The thing is I feel like I sorta understand the topics and the general idea, but some questions just apply things I’ve never worked with and I feel like everyone around me is getting it so much easier and this SHOULD be stuff I know, and I don’t wanna be trailing behind
shameful_burrito
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by disgust)
I assume so?
You could take a look at this channel and try the advanced higher maths questions:
https://youtu.be/ghqOOum12s0

Or just search for further maths questions on youtube and find a good channel that explains to you the questions in that
baileyf14
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I am sorry you are going through this. School can be very difficult sometimes. Have you tried talking to your teachers to see if you could get help from them? I used to do that when I was in school and it helped me a lot! I hope everything gets better.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (162)
18.62%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (86)
9.89%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (145)
16.67%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (125)
14.37%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (84)
9.66%
How can I be the best version of myself? (268)
30.8%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise