?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
just want your view points on this
AngeryPenguin
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes. Morality policing is back in vogue.
Aadilkharl123
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The question is ambiguous, and my answer is likely to fall between Yes and No. On the one hand, I definitely don’t think adultery is comparable to murder, rape, arson or any other crime (usually, anyway) but, depending on the case, it can be far more serious than those portraying adultery as just “two consensual adults hugging, kissing and having sex with each other.”
Aadilkharl123
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Let’s be clear on one thing: while the people committing the adultery may be okay with what they are doing — their partner, and quite possibly their children, may not be.
Aadilkharl123
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
When an adulterous relationship is discovered, the other partner may become devastated to the point that it can cause emotional and physical stress and quite possibly ruin their self-esteem. More often than not, the individual engaging in adultery is also planning on dumping their current partner for the one whom they are currently engaging in infidelity with, and their current partner may not even know it.Not to mention, say in five years from now, the adulterous relationship turns into one where the man or woman leaves their partner behind: that means their partner, who may have remained faithful and devoted all this time, lost five years of their lives being with somebody who was already planning on ditching them at the first opportunity. Their partner could have spent those wasted five years seeking another partner that they may never get because their now-former partner decided to be selfish and run off with someone else, when they knew that their old partner had thought that they still wanted to be with them.
Aadilkharl123
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
While not every person who commits adultery is necessarily doing it with bad intentions: some being possibly immature at the time, or going through an episode that they may later regret — the same cannot be said for the ones that continuously commit adultery with the intention that their current partner will be dumped as soon as someone “better” comes along.Though I still think that relationships — especially ones with children involved — should be taken more seriously to the point where neither partner should be going off having sexual relationships with others in the first place: it would still be more forgivable if the other partner at least knew about it and understood that it was possible that their relationship may not last much longer.
Aadilkharl123
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
For me, I have also noticed a more adolescent similarity found in high schools and even college/university campuses, where some of the more “popular” students intentionally seek out “unpopular” students with low self-esteem issues and pretend to want to be in a relationship with them, just so that they can steal their virginity and then instantly disown them as soon as they do and brag about it to everyone around them — potentially destroying the victim’s self-esteem for life. Such incidents are perpetrated by both genders, and it is quite shameful to do so, no matter if it is a male or female playing with somebody else’s emotions.
Aadilkharl123
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I can go on and on about this...

Aadilkharl123
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
In an adult setting, the example above can be seen in the form of one adult pretending to want to remain in a relationship for as long as they cannot find another person to partner with. The one they stay with ends up becoming a victim, as they are unlikely to have been looking around for partners of their own (unless they too have been unfaithful) and the shock and depression that may come about could also make the difference between whether or not they remain alone for the rest of their lives, or if they will even find somebody in time in the event that the victim had wanted their own offspring — a factor that probably becomes more desperate for certain individuals as they age.
Aadilkharl123
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Children are also often times forced to be raised by one parent as a result of an adulterous relationship. While it is often times better for a child to grow up with one parent than a broken family: does that make the intention behind the act of adultery any less severe?
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I want to say yes but then I think no one should go to prison over something like that. Maybe a fine/compensation to the other partner if they’re married. But they should have the choice to mutually opt out.
username3638550
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No. Let's not go backwards.
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It's not a crime, just a **** move.
JaydorIV of Nott
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
yes please.
dandannie
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes
dandannie
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Absolutely
Ankitaaa
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I really think that the person who gave his 100% in a marriage has all rights to drag that person to the court. recently India made adultery illegal saying that women are not owned my a men. that allows women to have an extra marital affair without the fear of the law.
looloo2134
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No it no ones business what to adults do in there bedroom
looloo2134
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Ankitaaa)
I really think that the person who gave his 100% in a marriage has all rights to drag that person to the court. recently India made adultery illegal saying that women are not owned my a men. that allows women to have an extra marital affair without the fear of the law.
good a woman or man should be able to have an affair without fear of the law.
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Ankitaaa)
recently India made adultery illegal
On the contrary, India has just legislated to remove the illegality of adultery.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (639)
33.47%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (806)
42.22%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.8%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.5%

Watched Threads