The Student Room Group

Crest Award. Is it worth it?

I’m in year 13 and soon I will be applying for university. I got a predicted D*D*D* in my BTEC. (To be honest I regret not having taken A levels instead) Anyway, now my college is offering me the chance to work on a Crest Award project to boost my chances to join a top university. However I don’t understand if this is really worth it to do, plus I will be sending my UCAS application by mid November so I won’t have the opportunity to send them my project results. I don’t know how the Crest Awards work and whether it is worth it to do it or not so I would really appreciate some advice.
Thank you!! :smile:
Original post by enlamira88
I’m in year 13 and soon I will be applying for university. I got a predicted D*D*D* in my BTEC. (To be honest I regret not having taken A levels instead) Anyway, now my college is offering me the chance to work on a Crest Award project to boost my chances to join a top university. However I don’t understand if this is really worth it to do, plus I will be sending my UCAS application by mid November so I won’t have the opportunity to send them my project results. I don’t know how the Crest Awards work and whether it is worth it to do it or not so I would really appreciate some advice.
Thank you!! :smile:

Crest Awards are for STEM project work, so you'd have to do some sort of project in an area of STEM that interests you- this could be original scientific research, designing/making something, or a science communication based one.
In terms of your UCAS application, you wouldn't be able to include the full results in it regardless of when you finished it, but it would be fine to say that you are currently doing this project to deepen your knowledge/challenge you/etc..
I've done Silver and Gold so can answer any more questions you might have :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending