The Student Room Group

triple science exams

what is the best way to revise
Reply 1
I find that the CGP books are really useful; but they do only go to the extent of the specification and they do not give you any further information. My school uses Kerboodle (Oxford) and their revision guides are really useful, and you can buy a physical (Biology, Chemistry & Physics) version on Amazon (Click Here), as these books do give a lot more information and are approved by AQA. Also, on Kerboodle there are podcasts, which I have put in my G-Drive, these really help when making notes or listening in the car. View in my G-Drive. Finally, watch the videos from freesciencelessons on youtube, (Click Here)

P.S, I will be adding Chemistry podcasts very soon!
Original post by izaakha
I find that the CGP books are really useful; but they do only go to the extent of the specification and they do not give you any further information. My school uses Kerboodle (Oxford) and their revision guides are really useful, and you can buy a physical (Biology, Chemistry & Physics) version on Amazon (Click Here), as these books do give a lot more information and are approved by AQA. Also, on Kerboodle there are podcasts, which I have put in my G-Drive, these really help when making notes or listening in the car. View in my G-Drive. Finally, watch the videos from freesciencelessons on youtube, (Click Here)

P.S, I will be adding Chemistry podcasts very soon!

Can the podcasts be used for double science?
Reply 3
Original post by suuub
what is the best way to revise

Making studying a routine is the best thing you can do, and also to have a "procedure" to approach the sciences.

What I tend to do is to firstly look at the syllabus, then read and understand the textbook--take note of what's listed in the syllabus. If your textbook is wordy, it is best to highlight what's important, but keep it at a minimum.

Once done just do the past year papers. Don't worry if you suck at first, as they say "The struggle you're in today is the strength you need for tomorrow."

Most questions' concept are repititive too :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by juicewrld
Can the podcasts be used for double science?

Yes they can, but I would just check on your specification (Find AQA's Here), as there will be some aspects that will not be relevant and hence no point in learning.
BBC bitesize and the multiple tests [alone] at the end really helped me get top grades @ triple science.

Quick Reply

Latest