epony123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I am considering where best to apply to study for a Fashion Marketing degree. I live in London and have been to LCF and UCA (Epsom) open days.
I really want to have the university experience away from home which presents me with a dilemma as LCF has the reputation and UCA seems to be good too. I am going to Nottingham Trent open day soon and Uni of Westminster. I am under pressure from my school to make a decision as the school UCAS deadline is in 2 weeks! I am assuming that f I dont put LCF as my first choice on my UCAS application, I wont get in ...but I am attracted to the idea of going to nottingham. Help!! any advice??
Plymouth College Of Art
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi there epony123!

I currently study at Plymouth College of Art, where we also offer a Fashion Media and Marketing course. Though I cannot talk specifically for LCF, NTU, UCA or the University of Westminster, I can give you my own personal advice, as I was in a similar situation myself. My advice to you would be to put whichever university that you would prefer to be studying at as your first choice. Although it doesn't seem logical to, for example, choose a university as your insurance choice which has a higher offer than your firm, there is always the option of going through clearing to get into the university that you want to go to. I recommend putting your favourite university as your firm, regardless of the offers you have, as you don't want to end up going somewhere you're not as happy living and not enjoying the course as much.

Hope this helps!
Harriet
Second Year Photography Student and Student Ambassador at Plymouth College of Art
London Met Uni
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by epony123)
I am considering where best to apply to study for a Fashion Marketing degree. I live in London and have been to LCF and UCA (Epsom) open days.
I really want to have the university experience away from home which presents me with a dilemma as LCF has the reputation and UCA seems to be good too. I am going to Nottingham Trent open day soon and Uni of Westminster. I am under pressure from my school to make a decision as the school UCAS deadline is in 2 weeks! I am assuming that f I dont put LCF as my first choice on my UCAS application, I wont get in ...but I am attracted to the idea of going to nottingham. Help!! any advice??
Hi epony123,

Fashion Marketing is such an interesting choice! I'm one of the London Met official reps and wanted to let you know that we offer a range of Fashion courses here at the university, including: Fashion Marketing and Business Management and Fashion Marketing and Journalism.

Our campus is based in Aldgate which is really central. It's a hub of creativity, where you'll be surrounded by students from all sorts of disciplines from graphic design and jewellery to furniture design. We also have a huge range of facilities to ensure you'll have a great university experience.

I've included one of our London Met videos below, which will give you a small taste of what the uni is like:

https://youtu.be/YUQYxZJaTgA

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Have a great day!
Nonie
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (65)
21.96%
Excited but a bit nervous (134)
45.27%
Not bothered either way (36)
12.16%
I'm really nervous (61)
20.61%

Watched Threads