Laaaaauren
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Name:  gyg.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  42.5 KB

My name is Lauren and I am completely average. I have only been a member of this site for a couple of days. In that time I have noticed that most GYG entries are from young Einsteins. And a young Einstein I am not. In my highers last year I did not get five A*s. I got AABCC. Although I did spend the majority of my higher maths exam in tears I ended up with 72% which was 2% off an A.

The SQA robbed me.

But that is beside the point. I don't have the best grades. I am not organised. I struggle to balance my time which often results in a panic a week before exams, where I work myself up so much nothing could possibly get done. So I panic before the exam as I think about the possibility of failure and letting myself and everyone who cares about me down and- you get the point. My notes are certainly not tumblr ready; in fact, my handwriting has been compared to a spider that has dipped each of its legs in ink and scuttled across the page. I often wake up and still feel too emotionally tired to get out of bed.

But I do. I get up because I have a passion. My love for Politics keeps me up well into the night. I will be up at 3 am reading and learning more and more about everything from constitutions to voting systems. When I do eventually stop procrastinating my need to go to uni to study politics is what pushes me to try my hardest.

So as we make our way through this academic year together, we will hope, we will laugh, we will cry. Mostly cry. But at the end of the day, all any of us can do is try our best and if we do that we can be proud of what we achieve. I am ultimately average and I am proud of that.

Subjects-
Advanced Higher English
Advanced Higher Modern Studies
Higher Politics
Higher Philosophy
Labrador99
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Laaaaauren)
Name:  gyg.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  42.5 KB

My name is Lauren and I am completely average. I have only been a member of this site for a couple of days. In that time I have noticed that most GYG entries are from young Einsteins. And a young Einstein I am not. In my highers last year I did not get five A*s. I got AABCC. Although I did spend the majority of my higher maths exam in tears I ended up with 72% which was 2% off an A.

The SQA robbed me.

But that is beside the point. I don't have the best grades. I am not organised. I struggle to balance my time which often results in a panic a week before exams, where I work myself up so much nothing could possibly get done. So I panic before the exam as I think about the possibility of failure and letting myself and everyone who cares about me down and- you get the point. My notes are certainly not tumblr ready; in fact, my handwriting has been compared to a spider that has dipped each of its legs in ink and scuttled across the page. I often wake up and still feel too emotionally tired to get out of bed.

But I do. I get up because I have a passion. My love for Politics keeps me up well into the night. I will be up at 3 am reading and learning more and more about everything from constitutions to voting systems. When I do eventually stop procrastinating my need to go to uni to study politics is what pushes me to try my hardest.

So as we make our way through this academic year together, we will hope, we will laugh, we will cry. Mostly cry. But at the end of the day, all any of us can do is try our best and if we do that we can be proud of what we achieve. I am ultimately average and I am proud of that.

Subjects-
Advanced Higher English
Advanced Higher Modern Studies
Higher Politics
Higher Philosophy
Great to see a GYG from someone doing SQA exams! That is a great set of highers though!
If you need any help with your subjects, there's usually people in Scottish Qualifications who can offer advice Looking forward to following how you get on
emilynxlan
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Glad to see a GYG not focused on GCSEs or A Levels - it's good for a change, as I'm sick of doing A Levels myself.
gw07mcgheerachel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey fellow Scot, love the blog and best of luck xoxox
Infinite Series
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (116)
65.91%
No I haven't decided yet (36)
20.45%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.64%

Watched Threads