RubyWednesday
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi all,
I'm currently on my gap year and have two places in uni to study a double degree of Nursing/Midwifery but i've realised i don't want to do that anymore and i want to work with the environment/ I was going to reapply to do a bachelor of Wildlife and Conservation Biology but i feel like i don't even want to go to university at all anymore.

My only worry is that i won't be able to break into the job field of environmental/animal conservation without a degree, but i also don't want to pay so much for something i will regret.

Any advice/opinions?
Diyedan Vendre
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
come to wakefield nursery and primary school, we can share rooms and be roomates and study
LandoCruz
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
well being young myself i dont really know what i wanna do either but if i can say something is if you find something that will make you happy like doing enviromental/animal conservation if thats what you want go for it ive seen alot of people settle and just pretty much live day to day not evan happy so most i can say is do what you feel you will be happy with and if you ask me i dont believe its for everyone truthfully i think its just a preference i know alot of people who have degrees and dont evan use them so dont follow anyone do what YOU want
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by RubyWednesday)
Hi all,
I'm currently on my gap year and have two places in uni to study a double degree of Nursing/Midwifery but i've realised i don't want to do that anymore and i want to work with the environment/ I was going to reapply to do a bachelor of Wildlife and Conservation Biology but i feel like i don't even want to go to university at all anymore.

My only worry is that i won't be able to break into the job field of environmental/animal conservation without a degree, but i also don't want to pay so much for something i will regret.

Any advice/opinions?
It might not be for you at this time.
You can always do nursing later as its one of the few second degrees they will fund. I suggest you do more research and get some job or vol work in your chosen area and talk to people already in it.

You can then figure out if its for you by getting experience.
Learn about employment prospects.
Learn whether you need a degree.

University funding is limited, so dont waste it. Also with nursing they will always fund as a second, but if you do it as your initial degree they will not fund a different ug degree after. i.e

1. Any subject degree and graduate, then any healthcare degree and graduate ok.

2.Healthcare degree first and then try and do another first degree, they wont allow it.

Option 1 is better as they will fund both degrees. Do the wildlife one now with nursing as the fallback,
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
5.88%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (6)
17.65%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (4)
11.76%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (3)
8.82%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (11)
32.35%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (8)
23.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed