Global Health and Social Medicine KCL Watch

sarahhhkh_
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hey guyss, is anyone thinking of applying to this course for 2019 entry? I havent met many people applying for it so far (
jamie_cdv
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi, I just received a conditional offer to study the course with a 665 in the IB! Did you apply for the course in the end?
Gabjaden
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I’m applying for this course as well. Haven’t send out my application yet though
sarahhhkh_
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by jamie_cdv)
Hi, I just received a conditional offer to study the course with a 665 in the IB! Did you apply for the course in the end?
Hii, yeah I did apply and I have received a conditional offer to study as well!! Congrats on your offer, is this your first choice?
jamie_cdv
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by sarah_kh16)
Hii, yeah I did apply and I have received a conditional offer to study as well!! Congrats on your offer, is this your first choice?
Yep! It's the only Global Health course with sections being focused on the biomedical sciences so it's always been my first choice.
Glitzmania
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I am going to apply to this course as well, what other courses have you guys applied too. On your personal statement did you just refer to the course as global health because I am also thinking of applying to population health in UCL and Global health in queen Mary.
sarahhhkh_
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by Glitzmania)
I am going to apply to this course as well, what other courses have you guys applied too. On your personal statement did you just refer to the course as global health because I am also thinking of applying to population health in UCL and Global health in queen Mary.
I also applied to UCL for Population Health and then my other 3 choices were Medicine
jamie_cdv
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi it's been a while since I've been on the site but I've since gotten all 5 of my offers. KCL GHSM, QM Global Health, UCL Population Health, and two other biomedical science courses (Warwick and Surrey).

@Glitzmania it might be too late but I'll post here for reference anyway. I mostly described how I first developed an interest into the biological sciences and then considered how this could be applied with my geographical knowledge to be used to treat diseases within populations worldwide. This in turn allowed me to cover both components of the KCL course (global health and the biomed options), as well as the modules in all of my other choices. I would like to note that I did get asked for a supplementary personal statement from Queen Mary

Hope this helps.
PaulVerzosa
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Just got a conditional offer for this course today
sarahhhkh_
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Did anyone apply to the year abroad one?
jamie_cdv
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by PaulVerzosa)
Just got a conditional offer for this course today
Finally another one! Is this your firm choice? Cause it's so hard to find people who've also put this as their top choice. I guess no one really knows about the course at all.
PaulVerzosa
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Finally another one! Is this your firm choice? Cause it's so hard to find people who've also put this as their top choice. I guess no one really knows about the course at all.
Yeah its my first choice (: Still waiting for UCL to reply tho

@sarah_kh16 I only applied for the 3 year course. Hoping to possibly switch to 4 year course with abroad if I get in
Glitzmania
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
how long did it take you guys to get an offer?
sarahhhkh_
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
about 2 weeks
Glitzmania
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
about 2 weeks
thank you its been about a week for me and still no reply probably won`t get one till after Christmas
aleparau
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi it's been a while since I've been on the site but I've since gotten all 5 of my offers. KCL GHSM, QM Global Health, UCL Population Health, and two other biomedical science courses (Warwick and Surrey).

@Glitzmania it might be too late but I'll post here for reference anyway. I mostly described how I first developed an interest into the biological sciences and then considered how this could be applied with my geographical knowledge to be used to treat diseases within populations worldwide. This in turn allowed me to cover both components of the KCL course (global health and the biomed options), as well as the modules in all of my other choices. I would like to note that I did get asked for a supplementary personal statement from Queen Mary

Hope this helps.
Hi there, how long did it take for you to receive your offers after submitting your UCAS form? Congratulations by the way on your offers by the way
PaulVerzosa
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
1 and a half weeks for this course
sarahhhkh_
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Soo who's putting KCL as their firm choice then?
PaulVerzosa
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Soo who's putting KCL as their firm choice then?
Me 🙋*♂️
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
sarahhhkh_
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by PaulVerzosa)
Me 🙋*♂️
ahh that's great! i am aswell
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (137)
18.03%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (77)
10.13%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (130)
17.11%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (109)
14.34%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (76)
10%
How can I be the best version of myself? (231)
30.39%

Watched Threads