Is criminology a critical thinking A-level?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Marmeat
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm doing criminology, a WJEC diploma, but I want to know if this is a critical thinking subject or not. I want to do law at uni and I know that they generally don't accept critical thinking subjects, so will this be an issue?
999tigger
Badges: 19
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Marmeat)
I'm doing criminology, a WJEC diploma, but I want to know if this is a critical thinking subject or not. I want to do law at uni and I know that they generally don't accept critical thinking subjects, so will this be an issue?
I think you misunderstand.

Critical thinking is a specific skills based A level.
https://www.ocr.org.uk/qualification...ing-h052-h452/

Your WJEC diploma is fine and equivalent to one A level.
Marmeat
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
I think you misunderstand.

Critical thinking is a specific skills based A level.
https://www.ocr.org.uk/qualification...ing-h052-h452/

Your WJEC diploma is fine and equivalent to one A level.
Ahhh okay, that makes sense. Thanks a lot.
sofisofia
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Marmeat)
Ahhh okay, that makes sense. Thanks a lot.
hi, did you get accepted? I'm also doing wjec criminology and I'm worried that unis will not accept it
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by sofisofia)
hi, did you get accepted? I'm also doing wjec criminology and I'm worried that unis will not accept it
You’re right - some Unis don’t accept WJEC Criminology as an A level. You should check first with any Unis you are considering before applying to them. Apparently Unis in Wales are more likely to accept it as equivalent to an A level
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (65)
22.57%
Note taking apps (6)
2.08%
Flashcards (56)
19.44%
Revision guides (16)
5.56%
Past papers (133)
46.18%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (12)
4.17%

Watched Threads