The Student Room Group

Bad predictions

idk what to do with myself, i messed up last year with school cause of mental health and all sorts going on and went from AAA to CDU in the mocks which meant my ucas predictions are quite generously on BBD. but my top choice is durham and they along with my options typically require A*AA- AAB minimum...
Original post by thewilddayn
idk what to do with myself, i messed up last year with school cause of mental health and all sorts going on and went from AAA to CDU in the mocks which meant my ucas predictions are quite generously on BBD. but my top choice is durham and they along with my options typically require A*AA- AAB minimum...

Have you spoken to your teachers about your predictions? If you can agree a set amount of extra work/improvements for you to demonstrate between now and Christmas then thay might be willing to move your predictions upwards.
Hey, I hope things are going better for you! Maybe you should consider taking a gap year? Work towards getting those grades this year and then apply next year when you know you have them and you have a solid chance. I know the user above has mentioned that doing extra work and essays and whatnot may improve your predicted grades but I do feel like they've been quite nice already that asking for something closer to A*AA may be pushing it. Just focus on doing better this year and if all else fails you can always try clearing/apply next year
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
Have you spoken to your teachers about your predictions? If you can agree a set amount of extra work/improvements for you to demonstrate between now and Christmas then thay might be willing to move your predictions upwards.

I’ve spoken to them this past week but they seem very relunctant on switching the grades even though they know it’s achievable just because of the attitude around work i had towards the end of last year, like they say it would take a lot of convincing but i don’t really know what that means
Reply 4
Original post by CinnamonSmol
Hey, I hope things are going better for you! Maybe you should consider taking a gap year? Work towards getting those grades this year and then apply next year when you know you have them and you have a solid chance. I know the user above has mentioned that doing extra work and essays and whatnot may improve your predicted grades but I do feel like they've been quite nice already that asking for something closer to A*AA may be pushing it. Just focus on doing better this year and if all else fails you can always try clearing/apply next year

Hi, i had thoughts about doing a gap year but i wasn’t entirely sure on what it was that i wanted to do in that gap year and whether or not the gap year would potentially dissuade me from going back into education afterwards. Feel like i probably will have to do adjustment on results day to get where i want to be, thank you
to be frank durham probably not going to consider your application. A*AA is the typical requirement, im not sure about AAB never knew that was a thing tbh lol, but even if it is BBD is 4 grades below...
either take a gap year or you cant get in
Original post by thewilddayn

Predictions are just that. relevant for offers, but its the real results that matter.

Get your MH sorted out.

Get great grades. This is your #1 priority as it gives you all the options.

Take a gap.

Apply for clearance or 2020.

I doubt you will get anywhere with Durham unless your health issues were extraordinary and even then i doubt it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending