kasacolx
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I just started chemistry a levels and psychology I want to be ahead to make sure I’m always on top I’ve already started making notes ahead does anybody have any good advice to make sure I’m at the top of the class all the time.
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
KimchiCupRamen
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It's good that you're already starting to make notes for Chemistry and Psychology, although as you progress through the year, notes will only be a minor thing in revision. I take both subjects and I'm currently in Y13 so I've had one year studying those subjects and yeah it was a real struggle at first because I couldn't adjust to the leap despite getting good GCSEs, but hopefully this advice can be of some use. For both read the specification it is the key.

• For Chemistry: Try read before your lesson about the topic the teacher will teach, this will help even though you may not understand it as you will familiarse yourself with the terminology and get a vague idea of what is expected. During lesson make your notes from whatever your teacher tells you etc. After, rewrite your notes and consolidate what you have learnt. If you don't understand, speak to your teacher and do extra questions about that topic next lesson. There's a plethora of sites with questions for specific topics on all chemistry exam boards so it shouldn't be a problem. Don't try read too far ahead or do notes too far ahead unless you are confident that what you already have been taught is completely consolidated. It is also very important that you do exam questions. My teachers constantly stress that fact and I should have taken to it as soon as possible. So in summary; read before the lesson starts, consolidate notes and always ask if you don't understand (that's what your teacher is there for), then do exam questions - it will help in the long term.

• For Psychology: Completely contrasts Chemistry as this is an essay writing subject. Look at the specification it will indicate the studies that you must learn. Learn these studies - make a flashcard for the specific studies or a prompt so you can easily remember it. Numbers and statistics of research and case studies don't have to be exact, for as long as you remember the name, the methodology and results. Psychology is mainly just memorizing all the theory and research. Likewise just like Chemistry, try read before you come to lesson and consolidate notes. For the large markers, especially the 16 markers, make essay plans or templates (These basically sum up an entire topic or sub-topic)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (112)
28%
No (288)
72%

Watched Threads