The Student Room Group

Hard time understanding History

History means so much to me but my textbook over complicates everything and it makes no sense. My teacher doesn't go over content in class but just focuses on exam style questions. I have tried watching videos but so many things have different views and I have no idea what is true and isn't.
Hi,
What exam board and topics are you doing? I find my textbook a bit too complicated on some bits and find researching online easier some of the time, history learning site and history.com are the main websites I use. Revision guides are also useful as they go over the key points which might help you understand what the textbook is saying.
Reply 2
I do edexcel
Original post by aleena1234
History means so much to me but my textbook over complicates everything and it makes no sense. My teacher doesn't go over content in class but just focuses on exam style questions. I have tried watching videos but so many things have different views and I have no idea what is true and isn't.

you're not the first one and definitely won't be the last to complain about poor style of teaching of the UK teachers. Which topics are you doing for Edexcel? If you list them then some people here might be able to assist you.
What topics in history?

Ps, just write the british empire is evil and you should be fine.....
Reply 5
Original post by Audrey18
you're not the first one and definitely won't be the last to complain about poor style of teaching of the UK teachers. Which topics are you doing for Edexcel? If you list them then some people here might be able to assist you.

I study edexcel the American dream
india the road to independence
the british empire
and for coursework I am doing Russia.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending