The Student Room Group

Which is better? Kings College London or The University of Birmingham?

Hi!

I can't figure which is better - these are my two options!

KCL is like really low down for UK rankings but really high up for World rankings, whereas Birmingham was good but this year fell to 25th for Economics! Why?

My three main points are, friendliness, how easier it is to get a 1st and how easier it is to get a grad job.

Please advise,
Many Thanks.
All depends on what your personally prefer, ignore the rankings and go and visit the universities themselves.
Reply 2
Rankings don’t mean a thing. Both universities are as good as say... the university of east anglia or the university of Leicester or Southampton etc .

Question is, where do you see yourself living?
Have you thought about cost of living, accommodations, how far away from home, where your friends are going, how easy it is to get a part time while you study, societies, lectures, modules you’ll be studying and how the uni feels?

Take into account everything before making a decision, not just by looking at some random table made by some 35 year old who’s never been uni.
Original post by The1AndOnly1
Hi!

I can't figure which is better - these are my two options!

KCL is like really low down for UK rankings but really high up for World rankings, whereas Birmingham was good but this year fell to 25th for Economics! Why?

My three main points are, friendliness, how easier it is to get a 1st and how easier it is to get a grad job.

Please advise,
Many Thanks.

see Guardian University Guide, Times & Sunday Times Good University Guide and the Complete University Guide
Original post by MFox300100
All depends on what your personally prefer, ignore the rankings and go and visit the universities themselves.

Hi,

I have but I think being in London it may be better because I miss home - but at the same time I want to live out!

Cost of living as such is not a major issue.

The ability of people being friendly there is - as well as the opportunities to get a graduate job following.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending