Wtf?

"She didn't have a doctors note"?
Reply 2
Hope they get fired🤞
I'd you can't let a menstruating girl go to the loo you have issues:colonhash:
If you need to go, you need to go.
Reply 4
Bloody hell
Is it really that difficult to go to the toilet during school?

Can any school age members of TSR weigh in on this? Imagine if you had a weak bladder, imagine the anxiety you would feel during lessons.

I just don’t understand.
It's like something from decades ago. I'm also really baffled that they allow staff members to smoke at work in front of the children. I really don't think that's acceptable, even if it's outside.
Original post by Waldorf67

Can any school age members of TSR weigh in on this? Imagine if you had a weak bladder, imagine the anxiety you would feel during lessons.

I just don’t understand.

I'm in year 10. Some people go to the toilets just to miss class. But seriously, most ppl don't. How can you even learn when you're focusing on not wetting yourself. it takes 5 minutes, just let us go. I go there for panic attacks as well...
What the hell - having a period is not a medical condition and doesn't require a doctor's note! I hate teachers that do things like this.
just another example of the stupid berocracy in UK schools...

Any decent teacher - and I have taught before - can just use their brain, and would let the student go immidiatly. Obviously you keep your eye out for students that abuse your good-will, and use the toilet to avoid lessons.. but in the case of any form of emergency or medical issue, you let them out straight away, with no delay. If she does it agian and again - then you can question her, but the first time? its awful.
But, I am hesitant to blame the teacher. In my experiance these policies tend to come from overly berocratic managerial members of staff, who are looking to fix problems.. their head gives them the issue 'too many kids are skipping out on class to go to the toilet' - instead of trusting teachers, and working with teachers to solve the problem.. they put in place a one-size-fits-all rule, that ties teachers hands. Students may ONLY go to the toilet if they have a toilet pass... its a policy that takes responsibility away from teachers, and leads to situations like this.
Original post by Rock Fan
So the poor girl is left to sit in bloody clothes, personally I hope the teacher gets a disciplinary for this, outrageous! https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/uk-news/girl-11-made-sit-lesson-15216029

They should definitely get a disciplinary, how embarrassing for the girl!

Original post by yudothis
Wtf?

"She didn't have a doctors note"?

I didn't realise we had to go to the doctor every month! My god. :colonhash:

Original post by Waldorf67

I just don’t understand.

When I started school about eleven years ago, it was fairly easy to go to the toilet and male teachers seemed especially sensitive towards female students, but near the end of school, they started restricting it and introducing toilet passes. I think they were cottoning onto the fact some girls played on it sometimes to get out of class for a bit. But some girls bleed so heavily, they need to change every hour! They should be limited to one toilet break per class.

I would suggest that female students speak to the teacher before class and mention that it's the time of the month and they may need to go to the toilet, though I know that's probably embarrassing for some younger girls. I think if teachers are aware, they may be a bit more accommodating of their needs.
Just to be clear, the teacher here is bang outta order. However it is true some students would abuse it if you let them go to the toilet whenever they said they needed too, a balance needs to be struck. This clearly isn’t it.
another problem here is the competative results based system we have...

Why do schools feel the need to crack down and impliment strict procedures like this? In the old days.. sure a girl skipped school a bit in the toilet - you didn't want it to happen, but if it did, it was her that would suffer, and it would be her own fault when she failed.

These days though, schools are pitted dirrectly against each other, in league tables showing to the percentage how well or how badly each school is going.

The school can't have the attitude of 'you want to fail.. you fail.' because any failure is dirrectly reflected back on them, and put in the pages of every local paper.. students mean money, results mean students, and the competition roles on...

so the middle management looks for more and more optimisation that they can roll out.. how can they up attendance by 0.5%, how can they reduce absenses by 2%, how can they increase the number of A-C grades... etc. etc. everything must be optimised, and it must be done by managment.

---

In reality its much healthier to create a less competative enviroment, where sure, some kids can fail - that's partly their fault.. and their parents fault. Its not entirely their schools fault, or their teachers fault.
Wtf My teacher always says you need a pass to go I’m going to die if you don’t let me go thanks every much.
(edited 3 years ago)
Thread closed due to being 2 years old and no longer News.

If you wish to start a discussion about appropriate toilet policies adopted by schools, start a thread in this forum.

Thank you :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending