aneesah_x
Badges: 2
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I can’t decide whether to choose criminology or psychology to do as a degree. I did psychology as a GCSE but not as an A Level. Will it be difficult because of this? In regards to criminology, I have not studied it at all so have no knowledge of it. What would be the better choice?
Conconz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What about a combined one? If you haven't studied criminology, I'd start studying it now so you'll know if you're likely to enjoy it or not.
theuncannyshi
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I was stuck in between law, criminology or psychology too. I did law at a level and absolutely hated it so I dropped it but I do psychology at a level and tbh I like it. In the end I chose criminology as it includes psychology too. Depends on what career you want to go into?
Jasmine528
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi,
I can't advise you on what the beter choice is as it depends on what you want to do as a career but you don't need to do psychology A-level in order to do the degree. Some universities will give lower offers for taking a science (including psychology) and psychology is an A-level choice they prefer but it definitely won't stop you from being able to do it.
aneesah_x
Badges: 2
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by theuncannyshi)
I was stuck in between law, criminology or psychology too. I did law at a level and absolutely hated it so I dropped it but I do psychology at a level and tbh I like it. In the end I chose criminology as it includes psychology too. Depends on what career you want to go into?
I did Law but dropped it as I hated it too, is Criminology similar to law?
theuncannyshi
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by aneesah_x)
I did Law but dropped it as I hated it too, is Criminology similar to law?
Criminology looks at society and how crime affects it it might contain some law stuff but it’s mainly a combination of law sociology and psychology. Whereas law is just the law and nothing else
Blueberyneedhelp
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I did Law but dropped it as I hated it too, is Criminology similar to law
Why does everybody hate law so much just curious
lyra777
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I can’t decide whether to choose criminology or psychology to do as a degree. I did psychology as a GCSE but not as an A Level. Will it be difficult because of this? In regards to criminology, I have not studied it at all so have no knowledge of it. What would be the better choice?
As people on this forum say there are options of taking it as a joint degree (see here and click "Psychology with Criminology" - https://psychologyadmissions.co.uk/joint-degrees/).

However, just to make sure, a lot of students mistake Forensic Psychology for Criminology. Criminology is a sociology-based subject.

My advise would be to go to some university websites and to look at their course modules and to see which appeals to you.
Red1979
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Really informative thanks xx
(Original post by lyra777)
As people on this forum say there are options of taking it as a joint degree (see here and click "Psychology with Criminology" - https://psychologyadmissions.co.uk/joint-degrees/).

However, just to make sure, a lot of students mistake Forensic Psychology for Criminology. Criminology is a sociology-based subject.

My advise would be to go to some university websites and to look at their course modules and to see which appeals to you.
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Depends what you want to do career-wise
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hull
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties - Undergraduate and Postgraduate Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19
  • Keele University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (54)
20.22%
Unconditional if firmed (21)
7.87%
Unconditional if insurance (2)
0.75%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (8)
3%
No unconditional offers (182)
68.16%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed