The Student Room Group

Red light camera lanes?

Hi a red light camera near me covers 2 lanes with white lines and then there's a right hand lane that's a right turn only lane this doesn't have the road markings on can it still catch you in that lane?
Reply 1
Original post by Reb96
Hi a red light camera near me covers 2 lanes with white lines and then there's a right hand lane that's a right turn only lane this doesn't have the road markings on can it still catch you in that lane?

What road markings? RLCs don't need any.
Original post by Reb96

If you mean a regular speed camera, you don’t have to drive over the lines to get caught. Red light cameras sit just in front of the lights and don’t need markings
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by IWMTom
What road markings? RLCs don't need any.

The kind of marking a speed camera has but it's defiantly a red light one and not a speed one
Reply 4
Original post by ingrownhair
If you mean a regular speed camera, you don’t have to drive over the lines to get caught. Red light cameras sit just in front of the lights and don’t need markings

What do you mean you don't have to drive over the line to get caught? And it's defiantly a rlc not a speed camera. It has lines like a speed camera
Reply 5
Original post by Reb96
The kind of marking a speed camera has but it's defiantly a red light one and not a speed one

Google Streetview, please
Reply 6
TThis is it
Reply 7
Original post by Reb96
TThis is it

Could you provide us with a link rather than a screenshot.
Reply 9
Original post by IWMTom
Could you provide us with a link rather than a screenshot.

https://mapstreetview.com/#vtyd8_-1b2js_5b.v_-hm07
Reply 10

That's a Speedcurb camera - it's catching speeding offences as well as red light jumping - the lines are only required as a secondary measure for speeding, but you're not going to be speeding in that right turn lane, hence no markings.

It'll still catch red light jumping.
Reply 11
Original post by IWMTom
That's a Speedcurb camera - it's catching speeding offences as well as red light jumping - the lines are only required as a secondary measure for speeding, but you're not going to be speeding in that right turn lane, hence no markings.

It'll still catch red light jumping.

Where are the sensors located.. I didn't jump the lights what happened is my cars manual it's in the garage getting repaired now the replacement car I've got for the time being I haven't had long and it's auto and I've not driven auto before I didn't realise once in drive they start rolling at a couple of mph so I've got ready for the lights gone to put my foot on the clutch (that ovbs isn't there) to crawl slightly forward and as I've took my foot off the brake it's rolled forward at a faster pace then I expected it too and I'm just hoping I've not set the sensors off because I was close to the line so I'm not sure if I've crossed it and also the sun was really bright in my face so I'm not 100% if of seen a flash
Reply 12
Original post by Reb96
Where are the sensors located.. I didn't jump the lights what happened is my cars manual it's in the garage getting repaired now the replacement car I've got for the time being I haven't had long and it's auto and I've not driven auto before I didn't realise once in drive they start rolling at a couple of mph so I've got ready for the lights gone to put my foot on the clutch (that ovbs isn't there) to crawl slightly forward and as I've took my foot off the brake it's rolled forward at a faster pace then I expected it too and I'm just hoping I've not set the sensors off because I was close to the line so I'm not sure if I've crossed it and also the sun was really bright in my face so I'm not 100% if of seen a flash

I'm afraid I'm no more help than saying they're in the road. I'm not sure where exactly they're placed.
Reply 13
Original post by IWMTom
I'm afraid I'm no more help than saying they're in the road. I'm not sure where exactly they're placed.

Thanks for the help though... I'm just hoping I've not rolled onto a sensor
Original post by Reb96
Thanks for the help though... I'm just hoping I've not rolled onto a sensor

Took me a second to see it, that's a Gatso, catches speeding and red light jumping, my Dad got caught by one at some point in the last week. He was over the line when it was green, but never cleared the turn so when it went red it snapped him.
Reply 15
Original post by nevershear
that's a Gatso

No, it isn't.
Took me a second to see it, that's a Gatso, catches speeding and red light jumping, my Dad got caught by one at some point in the last week. He was over the line when it was green, but never cleared the turn so when it went red it snapped him.

GATSO doesn't catch RLJ's.
Reply 17

Guessing I'll have to wait and see

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending