The Student Room Group
:frown:
my condolences for you and your family.. R.I.P your grandmother.. lots of love and warm wishes <3 <3<3
Reply 3
Original post by safarisafa
my condolences for you and your family.. R.I.P your grandmother.. lots of love and warm wishes <3 <3<3

It’s not my grandmother lol. It’s just a story I found. I thought her death was tragic and was preventable. It shows the effects texting while driving can have
18 seconds is a hell of a long time in that context.
Reply 5
Original post by YaliaV
18 seconds is a hell of a long time in that context.

True, but even 5 seconds in my opinion is too long. You would think nothing would happen while “quickly” texting someone
Reply 7
Original post by Andrew97
Put him away for life.

Five years is not long enough if you ask me, but any longer would be useless, and putting unnecessary strain on resources. He’s an average man, he just got unlucky, an overwhelming amount of people glance at their phones while driving. But I think it was a massive wake up call for him, just a shame it was at the cost of a life
Original post by Blackpanther93
Five years is not long enough if you ask me, but any longer would be useless, and putting unnecessary strain on resources. He’s an average man, he just got unlucky, an overwhelming amount of people glance at their phones while driving. But I think it was a massive wake up call for him, just a shame it was at the cost of a life

He didn’t get unlucky. He took a decision to do something he knew was illegal and highly dangerous. Unlucky would be if he had a tyre failure for example. Driving will using a mobile needs very harsh punishments, especially if it results in somebody’s death.
Original post by Blackpanther93
It’s not my grandmother lol. It’s just a story I found. I thought her death was tragic and was preventable. It shows the effects texting while driving can have

oh sorry, i feel like a jerk now..
tis' true though , death can be prevented it only takes one second for anything to happen.. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending