Grandmother 66 killed in crash

Watch
New Foil
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
...after a Lorry driver was texting on his phone.

This is very sad, he looked down for “just” 18 seconds ! This could have been prevented.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dai...her-crash.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.sk...years-11511138

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ind...691.html%3famp

Drive safely and put your phones down !!
lokidokie
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
safarisafa
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
my condolences for you and your family.. R.I.P your grandmother.. lots of love and warm wishes <3 <3<3
New Foil
Rep:
?
(Original post by safarisafa)
my condolences for you and your family.. R.I.P your grandmother.. lots of love and warm wishes <3 <3<3
It’s not my grandmother lol. It’s just a story I found. I thought her death was tragic and was preventable. It shows the effects texting while driving can have
username2393237
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
18 seconds is a hell of a long time in that context.
New Foil
Rep:
?
(Original post by YaliaV)
18 seconds is a hell of a long time in that context.
True, but even 5 seconds in my opinion is too long. You would think nothing would happen while “quickly” texting someone
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Put him away for life.
New Foil
Rep:
?
(Original post by Andrew97)
Put him away for life.
Five years is not long enough if you ask me, but any longer would be useless, and putting unnecessary strain on resources. He’s an average man, he just got unlucky, an overwhelming amount of people glance at their phones while driving. But I think it was a massive wake up call for him, just a shame it was at the cost of a life
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Blackpanther93)
Five years is not long enough if you ask me, but any longer would be useless, and putting unnecessary strain on resources. He’s an average man, he just got unlucky, an overwhelming amount of people glance at their phones while driving. But I think it was a massive wake up call for him, just a shame it was at the cost of a life
He didn’t get unlucky. He took a decision to do something he knew was illegal and highly dangerous. Unlucky would be if he had a tyre failure for example. Driving will using a mobile needs very harsh punishments, especially if it results in somebody’s death.
safarisafa
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Blackpanther93)
It’s not my grandmother lol. It’s just a story I found. I thought her death was tragic and was preventable. It shows the effects texting while driving can have
oh sorry, i feel like a jerk now..
tis' true though , death can be prevented it only takes one second for anything to happen..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (43)
37.07%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (11)
9.48%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (5)
4.31%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (29)
25%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (18)
15.52%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (10)
8.62%

Watched Threads