The Student Room Group

University transfer help.

I am starting my first year of Bsc psychology this year at University of reading. Due to some personal issues I am having to spend this first year staying at home with my parents and commuting to university, despite wanting to move away and go to a different university.

I am hoping to complete this year at reading and then transfer to another university for second year. I have read mixed responses regarding how easy/difficult it is to do this. I assumed that a degree like Bsc psychology would have similar core modules that each uni did in first year so transferring in second year would not be an issue.
If anyone has any experience or knowledge about this please let me know. Thanks.
Original post by Lbint
I am starting my first year of Bsc psychology this year at University of reading. Due to some personal issues I am having to spend this first year staying at home with my parents and commuting to university, despite wanting to move away and go to a different university.

I am hoping to complete this year at reading and then transfer to another university for second year. I have read mixed responses regarding how easy/difficult it is to do this. I assumed that a degree like Bsc psychology would have similar core modules that each uni did in first year so transferring in second year would not be an issue.
If anyone has any experience or knowledge about this please let me know. Thanks.

Transferring to a different university into second year can be a little tricky. You would need to fulfil their entry requirements and there would have to be a place available for you. Courses will differ from university to university, so Psychology at one university may differ in content to another university. Some courses will require prerequisite modules or knowledge gained from earlier modules in first year to move forward.

Your best course of action is to contact the university you are interested in transferring to to see if they could accommodate your request.

Quick Reply

Latest