The Student Room Group

Do you think you're unattractive/ugly?

And if so why? does it affect your self-esteem?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
And if so why? does it affect your self-esteem?

Yeah im a 17 year old male and i consider myself unattractive due to acne problems but i have learnt to stay strong i find it hard to make relationships but hey i wasnt built for relationships aha
I’ve been told I’m attractive...

Spoiler

Reply 3
i'm pretty

Spoiler

Reply 4
Not sure whether that is a yes or a no. Care to explain?
Reply 5
Original post by ikuyo
i'm pretty

Spoiler

What makes you think that though?
Reply 6
Ive seen ur pics in the pic thread and i cant believe you actually feel hideous. But I do know people with body dysmorphia so its not impossible... r u getting treatment for it?
I don't think I'm ugly but I don't think I'm beautiful either. I'm just... a human. I have days where I feel more attractive and days where I think I look a bit bleugh.
Reply 8
I don't think I'm unattractive or ugly. But I wouldn't say I'm a 10/10. Maybe 8/10.
Why? I guess because I received positive affirmation from family members, friends and of course social media. It's definitely a confidence boost but there are days when I don't feel 100% either. :dontknow:
I think I’m quite attractive but I do have those days.
People say I'm attractive but I can't see it and I don't believe it :frown:
Yes I am ugly... I’m a 16 year old female. I’m ugly I don’t ever post any selfies it effects me in everyday life I always compare myself to other girls that are pretty and have no imperfections I hate taking pictures especially with friends because I always notice something wrong with me and compare myself to friends... I hate my life and wanna diieeeeeeeeeee
Reply 12
I flip between 'I look alright today' and 'I look like Shrek's ugly brother'.

My mind can change in the space of a few minutes with no change to my appearance...
yep.I dunno why, I just feel like i am. but it doesn't affect my self esteem though, I'm not really that bothered about it nor do I think about it. 😁
I'm the sorta guy that thinks I'm fugly one moment and next thing you know, I feel like 10/10 when my hairstyle is on point.
I don't look like a model or anything, but there's nothing I'd want to change about myself. I'm pretty content with my appearance, and I love myself as I am.
On a bad day, I'd rate myself as 3/10.
On a good day, it's 8/10.

:dontknow:
Reply 17
Don't think I'm anything special at all, but not hideous (I guess just bland-average looking). Doesn't affect me being around people, except it makes me reluctant to approach women out of the blue
Reply 18
I'm definitely unattractive

It really messes with your personal confidence. I dislike going out, to school/uni/shops. I especially dislike group work with people I haven't known for a while, it feels like they're judging me. I dislike the fact that guys who aren't as serious or intelligent will always attract females but I wouldn't have a chance
I'm plain, without makeup on and need a lot of haircare to look reasonable.
I'm also below average height.
I hide from camera phones and never post photos of myself on social media.

My best friend works as a model and always looks amazing.
The only photos of me as an adult are professionally taken studio images, most of which have gone through photoshop.

Quick Reply

Latest