Joyinns
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So on the official SJT website they don't seem to explain how to translate your raw (mock) SJT score into the "Equated raw SJT score". The only info I've been able to find is this:
Once all SJT answer sheets have been marked and test-equated, the scores are translated to a 0-50 scale. The distribution of the scale is set to reflect the distribution of Educational Performance Measure (EPM) scores. This ensures that when the SJT and EPM scores are combined, they each exert an equal weighting. The equation for translating the SJT scores to the EPM scale depends on the EPM scores in that year.
Using this scaling method, the equation for the FP 2018 results was as follows:
Scaled SJT Score = Equated Raw SJT Score x 0.141 – 85.1855

Does anyone know how to interpret the raw mock score? I got 1026 out of 1216 (84%)
purplefrog
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Have a read and process that paragraph

It means the scores are relative to the cohort that sit it and the curve is transformed to match the distribution of the EPM distribution curve.

There is no absolute score translation as a result. If you have two parallel cohorts of candidates sitting the same test and scores not being amalgamated, if cohort A all perform exceedingly well such that their bottom 10% would be the top 10% of cohort B, cohort A's bottom 10% would still score worse than cohort B's top 10%

The SJT serves 2 purposes. The first is to flag students who may have fitness to practice issues (bottom outliers). The second is to then create a spread amongst the foundation cohort so some discrimination can take place to allocate places.
username4972988
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi! I just got the exact same percentage as you (except it worked out at 1016/1216) and was wondering if you ever found out how to equate the percentage to a 0-50 score? Thanks!
username1539381
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ojs94)
Hi! I just got the exact same percentage as you (except it worked out at 1016/1216) and was wondering if you ever found out how to equate the percentage to a 0-50 score? Thanks!
hey same, did you figure it out?
username4972988
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by medicalstuff)
hey same, did you figure it out?
apparently it's just your percentage divided by 2
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (0)
0%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (2)
66.67%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (0)
0%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (1)
33.33%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (0)
0%

Watched Threads