My hair never looks nice Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Whenever I wash my hair it will end up being a frizzy mess not matter what I do to it. I can cover it in coconut oil, use a million sprays and creams, blow dry it and it will still end up being frizzy meaning I'm forced to straighten it. I've been straightening for 3+ years now meaning my hair's heat damaged but I really can't ditch the straighteners or else I'll go out looking like I haven't brushed my hair in weeks. Even when I do straighten my hair it ends up frizzing up/curling/a mess within 5 minutes of being outside. I recently got 5 inches cut off to see if it would make a difference but it still looks as awful as ever. I'm so so sick of my hair and I don't know what to do as I feel like I've tried everything now :/
OGGUS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Try to make them curls proper. And wash your hair less often and try different hair care routines, there's lot of buzzfeed videos out there and clever videos too.
Also them curly hair girls on YouTube.
So how big are your curls?
username4094562
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Whenever I wash my hair it will end up being a frizzy mess not matter what I do to it. I can cover it in coconut oil, use a million sprays and creams, blow dry it and it will still end up being frizzy meaning I'm forced to straighten it. I've been straightening for 3+ years now meaning my hair's heat damaged but I really can't ditch the straighteners or else I'll go out looking like I haven't brushed my hair in weeks. Even when I do straighten my hair it ends up frizzing up/curling/a mess within 5 minutes of being outside. I recently got 5 inches cut off to see if it would make a difference but it still looks as awful as ever. I'm so so sick of my hair and I don't know what to do as I feel like I've tried everything now :/
I straighten my hair as well but it hasn’t been damaged by heat for a variety of reasons.

-I try to straighten only once a week. Sometimes, I will do it twice in a week but I do not straighten it any more than that.
-Use heat protect spray before straightening. It is important to do this because it lessens the damage of the heat. I use Tresseme’s one.
-Use a wooden comb rather than a plastic one. Plastic causes more static, which makes your hair frizzier.
-Use a silk pillow rather than cotton. This has actually helped make my hair less frizzy.
-If you straighten your hair, sleep with it either tied in a plait or pinned up. This will help keep the hair straight and you won’t have to straighten it again.
-Use a hair masque. It is really important to use a hair masque because straighteners can dry out your hair. Hair masques can help combat the damage that straighteners can do.
AzureCeleste
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Don't wash it as often- that contributes
Dry with a cotton t-shirt
If you feel the need to straighten a lot then maybe consider getting it permanently straightened?
I find tieing my hair up calms it down a bit so then I don't need to the following few days
Get recommendation from your hairdresser
Thewonderwizard
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I can relate to you cause i was cursed with frizzy hair too. I used to use hairsprays and hair straighteners to tackle the frizz, but nowadays i can't be bothered so i just plait my hair which makes it look a lot less frizzy to me.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (44)
60.27%
No (29)
39.73%

Watched Threads