Smidgeon
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
hi! I thought I'd start a new thread for Americans applying to Oxford in 2019! I'm Anne from New York, applying to Oxford to study English - not 100% sure of a college choice yet. Please introduce yourself! and GOOD LUCK!
SerenaJ_OR
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hello, My name is Serena and I am an American and also planning applying to PPE Oxford University in 2019.
Smidgeon
Rep:
?
Best of luck to you Serena!
Do you know anyone who attends?
Sarah357
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey! I am Sarah and I am from Ohio. I applied to Univ for PPE at Oxford
RainbowParrot
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi! Isabelle from Florida, applied for PPL
Smidgeon
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sarah357)
Hey! I am Sarah and I am from Ohio. I applied to Univ for PPE at Oxford
Good luck Sarah! PPE is certainly an extremely popular course. I hope you get an interview. The waiting is so hard.
Smidgeon
Rep:
?
(Original post by RainbowParrot)
Hi! Isabelle from Florida, applied for PPL
Hey Isabelle! Which college did you apply to? PPL sounds like an extremely interesting course. Have you studied linguistics formally yet (either in high school or through a college course?)
RainbowParrot
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Smidgeon)
Hey Isabelle! Which college did you apply to? PPL sounds like an extremely interesting course. Have you studied linguistics formally yet (either in high school or through a college course?)
No, but I took an online basics course and have been practising with puzzles and language structure. I actually considered English as well, as that was one of my Subject tests and I love to read!
Smidgeon
Rep:
?
(Original post by RainbowParrot)No, but I took an online basics course and have been practising with puzzles and language structure. I actually considered English as well, as that was one of my Subject tests and I love to read!

That's so interesting. I'd love to learn some linguistics too - perhaps I'll look into an online option. Would you recommend the course you took?
RainbowParrot
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Smidgeon)
(Original post by RainbowParrot)No, but I took an online basics course and have been practising with puzzles and language structure. I actually considered English as well, as that was one of my Subject tests and I love to read!

That's so interesting. I'd love to learn some linguistics too - perhaps I'll look into an online option. Would you recommend the course you took?
I think it was called Miracles of Language by the University of Leiden. It was a free online MOOC, and pretty fun/interesting to do
Smidgeon
Rep:
?
(Original post by RainbowParrot)
I think it was called Miracles of Language by the University of Leiden. It was a free online MOOC, and pretty fun/interesting to do
Thanks so much! I will check it out.
Smidgeon
Rep:
?
Have any Americans heard about an interview offer yet? I don't anticipate hearing till next Friday or Monday. :ahhhhh:Just trying to distract myself and stay chill...
jakii2
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi! Jacob from Florida, going to study PPE
Did any of you end up getting interviewed? If so, how did it go?
qureshis19
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi y’all! My name is Sophia, and I’m from Pennsylvania. I received an offer to study Law next year at Somerville College. Anyone else considering heading to Oxford this fall?
DoubtfulWill
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by qureshis19)
Hi y’all! My name is Sophia, and I’m from Pennsylvania. I received an offer to study Law next year at Somerville College. Anyone else considering heading to Oxford this fall?
Hey! I'm currently living overseas, but originally from California. Got an offer to study English at Exeter Still waiting on results from American colleges, but I'm pretty sure I'm headed to Oxford!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (23)
13.37%
I need help researching courses (12)
6.98%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
5.23%
I need help with my personal statement (72)
41.86%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (40)
23.26%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.74%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (13)
7.56%

Watched Threads