Should I go vegetarian? Watch

Ryanthom100
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
At the moment I eat meat quite often but I saw that there is loads of articles about how being vegetarian increases your life expectancy. For me that is enough to make me a vegetarian as nothing is more important to me then your life span.... So guys, should I try and go vegetarian, how hard is it?
shohaib712
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
lol who wants to live longer in this crappy world. Just enjoy your meat. If you are not enjoying life are you actually living? Plenty of people know that alcohol is bad for the body yet drink it because it makes them happy (and a lil depressed) but who cares. forget being a vegetarian and just accept that youll die at some point in your life.
username2861570
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you feel like it would be a beneficial for you then go for it.
Totobird
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ryanthom100)
At the moment I eat meat quite often but I saw that there is loads of articles about how being vegetarian increases your life expectancy. For me that is enough to make me a vegetarian as nothing is more important to me then your life span.... So guys, should I try and go vegetarian, how hard is it?
Hey, honestly I have heard about it but I'm not sure if being vegetarian can increase your life span, but I do know there are a lot of health benefits - if you do it right.
There's a lot of prep and nutritional values you'll need to know before going into it to keep a healthy diet, so if you are serious about it you'll have to do a bit of research.
There are 'substitute meats' that try and copy the flavours but those can generally taste bad and be bad for you, where making your own meals with certain flavours is the better option.
Overall, I wouldn't necessarily say being vegetarian is 'hard', you just have to put in some extra time and effort.
Toki the Dumdum
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ryanthom100)
It's ok and very doable imo.

Although, I'm not sure we can say that absense of meat is the reason for the increase life expectancy? Maybe vegetarians do more exercise than non-vegetarians? Maybe they eat less processed food products? Maybe it's the absense of processed, crappy meat specifically? Maybe vegetarians are generally more focused on their health? Just throwing these out there as I've never seen an article or study that's convinced me that abandoning meat completely is the healthiest way forward.

If you enjoy consuming meat you would probably increase life expectancy by just making healthier choices more often.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (412)
67.21%
No (201)
32.79%

Watched Threads