The Student Room Group

University Help

I am conflicted and do not which universities to choose from. I want to pursue law and psychology or law and criminology, if the universities do not offer either than plain law is fine. I have 8 universities and I need to choose 5 amongst these. Please provide advice.These are the universities that I have shortlistedAberdeenSussexEssexKeeleNottingham TrentNewcastleSheffieldSouthampton .
Original post by Shanz_123
I am conflicted and do not which universities to choose from. I want to pursue law and psychology or law and criminology, if the universities do not offer either than plain law is fine. I have 8 universities and I need to choose 5 amongst these. Please provide advice.These are the universities that I have shortlistedAberdeenSussexEssexKeeleNottingham TrentNewcastleSheffieldSouthampton .

What grades do you think you will get?

Draw up a list of things that are important to you?

Prestige?
Course?
City?
Cost of living?
Employability?
Cost of course?
Social life?
Facilities?
Accommodation?
Distance?
Careers and support services.
Distance from home?
Career aim?
Visited which ones?
Course modules?
What grades do they want?

I would group Newc, Sheffield and Southampton together as the more traditional unis.

Aberdeen is obviously scottish so you need to check if its scottish law or common law course.

When you do the research above and rate them then you should get a better idea of which ones are more suited to you. Most unis have something going for them so you are looking for the ones that meet your criteria.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending