Jack Petchey award

Watch this thread
Tsquare
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
im sorry if i wasnt supposed to post in here

so basically im year 11 right now and i was asked what awards i got by my principal and i told her that i have
-dofe bronze award (im going to get it since i finished my expedition today)
-100 hours volunteering award( randomly got it when i was doing volunteering section for DOFE bronze)
-some elderly care award (from work experience)
-charity award
and lastly the jack petchey award

she was sooo surprised about the last one, apparently its very hard to get and you have to do many things.

background on how i got it:

I DON'T KNOW

literally we had a school meeting when i was in Year 9 and i was told that i got the award and i didnt even speak english properly at that time and i was new to the school so i didnt bother asking about it. i gave the £200 for Design Technology and we got a new 3d printer.

then when i joined my new school and i told them that i had gotten the award they immediately accepted me. i didn't know why at that time tho

so the question is WHAT THE **** IS IT? and How did i get it?
every****ing person i tell this to keeps asking me how i got it and when i honestly respond by saying "i dont know" they think that im bragging and start to make fun of me but i seriously DO NOT KNOW
juliapea
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
I think this might be helpful. It explains how it is awarded and gives some examples...

http://www.jackpetcheyfoundation.org...evement-awards
Tsquare
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by juliapea)
I think this might be helpful. It explains how it is awarded and gives some examples...

http://www.jackpetcheyfoundation.org...evement-awards
thank you that was very helpfull

only thing is i never went to any celebrations or get a badge only got the certificate and £200 not £250 as the site states
maybe it changed in the past two years. meeeeehhhhhhh
Snoozinghamster
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Tsquare)
thank you that was very helpfull

only thing is i never went to any celebrations or get a badge only got the certificate and £200 not £250 as the site states
maybe it changed in the past two years. meeeeehhhhhhh
Yeh the money amount changed, I got £200 first time and £250 the second time. It’s quite easy to manage to not attend the awards night. That happened to me the first time round, I didn’t even know that I’d got the award. Just thought I’d been nominated and then spent ages wondering why I was always being bout in charge of nominating other people for it and wanting one for me! Honestly the award ceremony isn’t anything that fancy and is a bit of a waste of time except for getting the badge etc.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (38)
70.37%
No (12)
22.22%
I didn't use it to prepare (4)
7.41%

Watched Threads