The Student Room Group

C4 differential equations,c and A as constants

So I'm confused as to why we need to change the c into A? Like let's take question c, I'm assuming in the answer A=e^c but that's such a random thing to do...
I know I'm not explaining myself very well, but basically, I don't understand why u can't just keep the constant as c. IMG_20180930_182822-compressed.jpg.jpegIMG_20180930_182830-compressed.jpg.jpegIMG_20180930_182843-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Because e^(x + c) = (e^x)e^c, and if c is a constant, then e^c is also a constant, so rewrite it as A so it looks tidier as Ae^x. Just make sure to state that A = e^c though
Original post by 3pointonefour
Because e^(x + c) = (e^x)e^c, and if c is a constant, then e^c is also a constant, so rewrite it as A so it looks tidier as Ae^x. Just make sure to state that A = e^c though

Okay, thanks 😊.
Original post by Danielnovels25
So I'm confused as to why we need to change the c into A? Like let's take question c, I'm assuming in the answer A=e^c but that's such a random thing to do...
I know I'm not explaining myself very well, but basically, I don't understand why u can't just keep the constant as c.

We can split the e term into (e ^ x^2) (e^c) and then e^c is just a constant so is replaced by A.

Quick Reply

Latest