mcgan
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago

(hopefully) not failing my gcses
grow your grades 2018-2019

hi! my names megan and im a year 11 gcse student from england. let’s completely ignore the fact we’re almost a month into the school year and i’ve still done basically no revision apart from one end of unit biology test.

i decided to join gyg because i need the motivation and honestly it sounded like it would be fun. i’m not the best at sticking to routines, but hopefully i can change that!!

a bit of context, i for some reason chose a school that made me do 12 gcses, so as well as all the core subjects i take italian, french, history, music, drama and rs. it’s about as fun as it sounds.

i don’t have grades that you could consider “bad”, but personally i don’t think they’re too good either. my aim is to get all 7s or above, but as long as i take english language and music i don’t think that’s going to happen.

in my mocks, i didn’t do as well as i hoped. i blame this on my lack of revision and my “it’s just mocks it doesn’t matter” attitude, so hopefully i’ll do better next time.

how i did:
Spoiler:
Show

english lang - 5
maths - 7
biology - 9
chemistry - 7
physics - 8
rs - 9
french - 8
italian - 6
music - 4
drama - 7
history - 7

next year, if all goes to plan, i’ll be doing the ib and probably taking biology, economics and psychology at higher, so i need to do quite well in science and maths, but otherwise my school has quite low requirements.

anyway, that’s me!! i hope to do weekly updates but as i said, i’m not good at routines! see you soon
emilynxlan
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Welcome to GYG! We're only a month in so you're just settling into the new school year - don't worry!!
clouddbubbles
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
heyy
just posting to subscribe!
ibyghee
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Only a month in? heh. I started revising a week before :/ Not forgetting the fact I was still procrastinating. So overall i only revised the night before.
gw07mcgheerachel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Good luck x
mcgan
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
1 week (maybe?? honestly im a mess and ive lost track already) update!!

nothing too exciting has happened to be honest. i had parents evening this week and everything went really well apart from music (which i expected) so that boosted my confidence a little

another little bonus, i got a 9 in an rs test and a 9 in an english essay this week

i’ve managed to do some revision over the past week or so, somewhere finding motivation for it i guess! i’ve not got school for two weeks due to work experience then half term so im hoping i can get some more work done

im unsure of when to start ‘proper’ timetabled revision for mocks to be honest. some teachers have been saying we should of started already whilst others are saying not to work too hard seeing as they’re not till the end of december, so if anyone has any advice for when to start hardcore (for lack of better term) revision let me know!! i’m hoping to do really well in these exams but i dont really want to overwork myself

in non-studying related news, i finally set up my desk today!! having a nice looking study space is hopefully going to encourage me to work harder, but we’ll see lmao

sorry for the kind of long update!! but good luck everyone with school
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (278)
56.5%
I don't have everything I need (214)
43.5%

Watched Threads