Weight loss

Watch this thread
username4280678
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I am a female 5’2 and 16 years old I want to lose weight and get down to 56kg but I’m scared if I get a lot of loose skin.
I am classed as obese however I have a large amount of muscle and so I weigh 96kg
NoEaze
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Halawa)
I am a female 5’2 and 16 years old I want to lose weight and get down to 56kg but I’m scared if I get a lot of loose skin.
I am classed as obese however I have a large amount of muscle and so I weigh 96kg
if you lose all the weight within a year (which is achievable) you will probably have loose skin. The loose skin shouldn't stop you from losing weight though.
S27
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Lose it steadily and you will be fine. The younger your skin, the better it will look.
username4280678
Rep:
(Original post by S27)
Lose it steadily and you will be fine. The younger your skin, the better it will look.
How long would you recommend?
username4280678
Rep:
(Original post by NoEaze)
if you lose all the weight within a year (which is achievable) you will probably have loose skin. The loose skin shouldn't stop you from losing weight though.
Is there a chance my skin could tighten after weight loss bearing in mind I’m quite young?
Nabopolassar
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
>large amount of muscle
>96kg
>5'2 female

I'm not going to be mean because I'm over that, but the first step to improving yourself is accepting you have a problem. Be honest with yourself. I'm 6'1 and 90kg and have been lifting for 2 years for reference.

To answer your question, work out how much calories your body uses daily and consume 500 less. This could mean eating 500 less or doing cardio.

If you go down to 56kg you'll probably have loose skin tho. But loose skin is better than being fat, and over time your body breaks it down, so don't worry about it
S27
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by username4280678)
How long would you recommend?
They say 1-2lbs a week is a good rate to lose weight, so this should be the aim. Also be wary that in the first week or two of weight loss your body will react so you may lose quite a lot more than 2lbs, but most of it won't be fat. Good luck!
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by username4280678)
96kg at 5'2" is enormously fat (BMI = 39), but at 16 years old it's even worse. You need to urgently identify the reasons behind this massive weight gain - if you can't identify which sort of behaviours led to it, you can't take steps to solve it. Setting an initial target to lose nearly half your bodyweight is unrealistic, but setting a smaller, more achievable target is important.

Have you had any input from your GP or community dietetics service? At your weight, I would suggest you involve some professional medical help if at all possible to maximise your chances.
JaseyB
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Lose the weight slowly aim for 2-3 years - that should give your skin time to tighten and retract, however it does not guarentee it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (279)
41.77%
The paper was reasonable (279)
41.77%
Not feeling great about that exam... (60)
8.98%
It was TERRIBLE (50)
7.49%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed