Blocked on whatsapp Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Has my friend blocked me?

1. I can still see a profile photo
2. There is only 1 tick meaning not delivered.
3. I can't see online status but never could despite messages between us.

Could not delivered mean blocked or connection problems. My friend had problems with their phone. But this has been almost a week now.
DrawTheLine
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

Could not delivered mean blocked or connection problems. My friend had problems with their phone. But this has been almost a week now.
Surely if you can message them it means you aren't blocked?
Abcdefghijk123
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

If you can see the profile pic, they have not blocked you. Sometimes people turn their read receipts off, and that means you can’t see when they were last online.
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
Surely if you can message them it means you aren't blocked?
lol do you..use apps love??

thats not how it works. the purpose of blocking in the 21st century is not for the clarity of the blockee, but for the privacy of the blocker. It doesn't matter if on your device it looks like it's been sent. It's about if from the blocker's point of view, can they see you? It's not MSN messenger no offense.

anyway op one grey tick means BLOCKED. Even if theyre offline the post will be TWO grey ticks. It'll turn blue when they see it. Best/worst case scenario in this case is if they altogether deleted the app.
RussianQuestion
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
If you can still see a profile picture, you're not blocked. Maybe they've deleted the app, because 1 tick after all this time is fairly rare. Perhaps they have no internet connection?
DrawTheLine
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Bang Outta Order)

thats not how it works. the purpose of blocking in the 21st century is not for the clarity of the blockee, but for the privacy of the blocker. It doesn't matter if on your device it looks like it's been sent. It's about if from the blocker's point of view, can they see you? It's not MSN messenger no offense.

anyway op one grey tick means BLOCKED. Even if theyre offline the post will be TWO grey ticks. It'll turn blue when they see it. Best/worst case scenario in this case is if they altogether deleted the app.
Yes, love, I do use apps. Doesn't mean I know everything about them. Considering I've never blocked anyone or been blocked it's reasonable for me not to know this information.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
Yes, love, I do use apps. Doesn't mean I know everything about them. Considering I've never blocked anyone or been blocked it's reasonable for me not to know this information.
you've never blocked anyone..? you gonna block me? :flutter:
Anonymous #1
Could there be an internet/connection problem? I did heat my friend say there were problems with wifi connection.

But a week is a long time. I thought if you were blocked you wouldn't see any photo.
DrawTheLine
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
you've never blocked anyone..? you gonna block me? :flutter:
Nah you're good
Anonymous #1
The last seen not being there is not a problem as it was never there. It's possible to switch off this.

The photo apparently disappears altogrther.

The 1 tick could be a technical problem. My friend was having problems with the phone.

Next week shall see my mate and find out.
3pointonefour
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago

One grey tick doesn't mean blocked, it means that the recipient hasn't received the message yet - could be due to no internet etc.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Yep I was blocked. His loss
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (159)
18.62%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (84)
9.84%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (142)
16.63%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (122)
14.29%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (82)
9.6%
How can I be the best version of myself? (265)
31.03%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed