Revising English literature?

Watch this thread
Hassan113
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Started the course a couple weeks ago, what can I do now until I have more information to do proper revision?
username4064618
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
Hi I'm in the same boat as you. Currently we are doing The Great Gatsby and poetry (a mixture then we do our first essay in a couple of weeks.) For poetry I'm obviously making notes in class then I write them up properly at home. If you aren't doing poetry then for Gatsby I make chapter reviews/summarys. It is worth mentioning that (probably) later this week I'll start writing quotes on quizlet. I hope this somehow helps (sorry if it doesn'.)Just try and keep on top of everything
University of Huddersfield Student Rep
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Hello,

I'm currently studying English Lit with Creative Writing at uni - when I was studying for my A-Levels, I did a few things to help me out when it came to my exams. I made sure that I wrote up all my notes to make sure they'd help me for revision, and cut out any extra waffle I didn't need. I also made sure I'd read all the texts and made notes before we studied it - so that I had an idea of where the teaching would go. I read a few past papers and looked at the style of questions and starting planning rough structures to help me in the future.

I hope that helps, what texts are you studying this year?

Abbi

Student Rep, Univeristy of Huddersfield
Hassan113
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by sarahmichellexo)
Hi I'm in the same boat as you. Currently we are doing The Great Gatsby and poetry (a mixture then we do our first essay in a couple of weeks.) For poetry I'm obviously making notes in class then I write them up properly at home. If you aren't doing poetry then for Gatsby I make chapter reviews/summarys. It is worth mentioning that (probably) later this week I'll start writing quotes on quizlet. I hope this somehow helps (sorry if it doesn'.)Just try and keep on top of everything
Thank you for the tips. I'm doing the same topics as well.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (53)
26.77%
As I expected (65)
32.83%
Harder (72)
36.36%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
4.04%

Watched Threads