The Student Room Group

Student finance, supporting applications paper form

So my student finance has already come through but i didn't add household income so basically i got the minimum(3k for the whole year). I completed the form for income assessment and sent it off a few days ago. So my question is how do they add link to my account when on the form it doesn't ask for any student details? And what should i do after they have processed this form. Will i need to do a pff2 form as well? Any information on the process would be helpful as well thanks
Hi,

Firstly I'd like to confirm we would need two application forms to change your Student Finance assessment from Non Means Tested (household income not included) to Means Tested (assessed based on household income). The forms are:

Applying for student finance based on household income form 2018/19
PFF2 form for parents and partners of students applying in 2018/19

On section 1 of both of these forms there are boxes for student's Customer Reference Number (CRN), Name and Date of Birth. We use this information to link the form to your Student Finance account/application.

Kind regards,

Shahrzad
Reply 2
Original post by Shahrzad SFE
Hi,

Firstly I'd like to confirm we would need two application forms to change your Student Finance assessment from Non Means Tested (household income not included) to Means Tested (assessed based on household income). The forms are:

Applying for student finance based on household income form 2018/19
PFF2 form for parents and partners of students applying in 2018/19

On section 1 of both of these forms there are boxes for student's Customer Reference Number (CRN), Name and Date of Birth. We use this information to link the form to your Student Finance account/application.

Kind regards,

Shahrzad

It only asks for student details in the pff2 form. Also how long does this take to process when sfe recieve it
Hi,

Just to double check, is this not the form that you sent in? Applying for student finance based on household income form 2018/19? It takes student's details on page 1.

Based on our current expected timescales, this should be processed in 5 weeks from the day it is received.

Kind regards,

Shahrzad
Reply 4
No this one is different the one i got was from sfe website http://media.slc.co.uk/sfe/1819/ft/sfe_cyi_form_1819_o.pdf this was the only one that i could find under the search for income forms.
Hi,

If you want your application to be based on your household income, you would need to send this form 'Applying for student finance based on household income form 2018/19' and ask your parents to send a PFF2.

The form you have linked is for when there is a drop of 15% or more in your household income.

Once we receive these we will reassess your application within 5 weeks currently.

Warm regards,
TΓ©gan

Quick Reply

Latest