Combined Education undergraduate? Watch

Helenjn
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I'm thinking about taking education in university but, I'd also like to study Japanese. I think this would be a good idea since I want to teach English abroad.
I was recently looking at Chester universities combined English Language and Education degree and was wondering if anyone could tell me about the course?

I'm alright teaching myself Japanese as I already do that as a hobby (although, I'm barely scraping intermediate topics at the moment.)
Also, does anyone know much about any other universities that provide something similar?
Thanks
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Helenjn)
I'm thinking about taking education in university but, I'd also like to study Japanese. I think this would be a good idea since I want to teach English abroad.
I was recently looking at Chester universities combined English Language and Education degree and was wondering if anyone could tell me about the course?

I'm alright teaching myself Japanese as I already do that as a hobby (although, I'm barely scraping intermediate topics at the moment.)
Also, does anyone know much about any other universities that provide something similar?
Thanks
Education at joint honours undergaduate is my current course at Keele. You're welcome to ask me any questions about what it entails.

Education and English joint honours is a popular combo. If you learnt Japanese on the side as well (which plenty of unis offer) then that will likely give you more choice than trying to find many Education and Japanese courses.

I'm not sure how many JH Education and English courses are actually about English Language. I'd guess Literature would be the more common combo subject but spme may include both so have a look.

Keele offers education and English if you're local to Chester and don't wish to travel far. Cambridge also offer this degree, as do Durham and Newcastle among many others. I'm not sure whether any of the above have literature as their English subject denomination rather than language though.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of West London
    Postgraduate Open Day - Ealing Site Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Bath
    Find out about life at the University and discover our diverse range of Undergraduate courses. Our course areas include the Sciences, Humanities & Social Sciences, Engineering & Design, and Management. Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (340)
15.69%
The paper was reasonable (1176)
54.27%
Not feeling great about that exam... (469)
21.64%
It was TERRIBLE (182)
8.4%

Watched Threads