Edinburgh Art 2019 Watch

PizzaPie
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hey peeps,
I'm planning to apply to study intermedia art for a 2019 start, and I'm pretty stressed because I know it's really hard to get in. Does anyone know anyone who is studying art at Edinburgh, and can send a link to successful work or portfolios?
Thanks
And we're in this together, future applicants.
Skyrim
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I don't know about Intermedia but I found an incredible mini-portfolio for Illustration by user Edenre who stated she received an unconditional offer for it in a 4 year old thread.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/114713...57639877126355
Crispface
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
God, that's a fantastic portfolio! Guess I know what I'm aiming for then...Hello! I'm Isabella and I'm hoping to get into the Illustration course at Edinburgh, although it seems pretty tough. I've just started the second year of my UAL Extended Diploma with a predicted Distinction, so fingers crossed I get in! Is it true that Edinburgh doesn't do any face-to-face interviews? It actually worries me more now that I know my PS will be the sole indicator of my personality...I'm also applying for Kingston, Leeds, Loughborough and Camberwell. Kingston used to be my first choice, but Edinburgh looks much prettier and seems like my only chance to go to a old Russell Group university on an art degree.(Crossposting from the main Ed applicants thread)
altveggie
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I JUST applied for the fine art course (first year start) imo Edinburgh gives a totally different vibe from all the london schools
KMeep
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I’m applying to animation ba at Edinburgh and I’m really stressed too. Does anyone know why aren’t there any portofolios online? Or anything at all?
samisokaytrustme
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I'm applying for Graphic Design at Edinburgh and im so stressed about it as Which says that there's only a 7% acceptance rate :/
Izzythestudent
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I've applied for illustration BA 1st year entry

after seeing above portfolio I am scared! I'm also not sure about exactly what it is they are looking for...I know a lot of people have applied this year :0
KMeep
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Does anyone know how fast they reply after receiving portfolios?
samisokaytrustme
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by KMeep)
Does anyone know how fast they reply after receiving portfolios?
I think theyll be quite slow with replying and might only get back to everyone after the portfolio deadlines (which is the end of January)
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Skyrim
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Good luck all I hope I can go to ECA too in 2 years or so.
JReiss
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’m legit so confused on what to put in portfolio as I’m applying to Illustration as well (of which only 7 scottish students can get into so I’m MEGA stressed) I do a lot of character design and my Influences are literally Harajaku Fashion, Studio Trigger and my negativity towards boring looking things. But I’ve looked at other portfolios and it’s just not to the same standard... mine is very bitty and doesn’t consist of large pieces and my grades aren’t exactly amazing with ABB at higher currently... I wish they had more examples online as my art teacher abandoned me last year and is very negative rather than critical.

It’s good to know that other people are in the same boat.
PizzaPie
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi JReiss,
I figure you've probably already seen their Art and Design portfolio guidance but I thought I'd link it just in case. https://www.eca.ed.ac.uk/sites/defau...LET%202019.pdf

Tbh I wouldn't worry tooooo much about big pieces, I think it's more about ideas and passion at this stage. And ABB seems pretty darn good and it looks like that's what they'll take ( I'm in England so idk how different things are). It's a pretty stressful time and I agree that a lot of people are doubting their abilities because Portfolio Anxiety but I'm sending positive vibes and I really hope your application goes well and you get in! Whether you get in or not, you'll have options, whether that's another uni or clearing,etc, so you always have a back-up.

I finished uploading my stuff on the portal today and I'm sending it off tomorrow. I read on the site that we shouldn't expect to hear till March but omG I hope they get back sooner than that bc I am so nervous!
Crispface
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I’ve gotten offers from all my unis now except Edinburgh... waiting for a reply until March just makes me feel so nervous! :argh:

Do you think people who’ve done Extended Diplomas (as suppose to A Levels) are at a disadvantage? Edinbugh seems to be all about that academic profile, and I don’t know how I’d compare to all you A-level follks.
Skyrim
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Crispface)
I’ve gotten offers from all my unis now except Edinburgh... waiting for a reply until March just makes me feel so nervous! :argh:

Do you think people who’ve done Extended Diplomas (as suppose to A Levels) are at a disadvantage? Edinbugh seems to be all about that academic profile, and I don’t know how I’d compare to all you A-level follks.
I doubt this matters much for creative subjects, but so long as you have achieved the required amount of distinctions and merits they want (I haven't checked the req for this) it's not something I would worry about at all. It comes down to how stunning your portfolio is.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (63)
8.33%
I used to but I don't now (19)
2.51%
No, but I want to start (281)
37.17%
No, I am unable to (185)
24.47%
No, I chose not to (208)
27.51%