I’m 14 and have no friends and no clue what to do in life! Help me out Watch

Jay2004
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
I’m 14 and am coming up to my GCSE’s and I have no idea what to do in life. I am so bored that I get up for school, go to school, don’t go out to break or lunch just do homework, go home and go straight to bed.
Anonymous #1
Report 11 months ago
I am the same. I use the time to focus on my homework, revise everything so i will pass, so at least i will be able to go to a decent sixth form/college and get a good job.
gulciiiiin
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Get involved in extracurricular activities in school, or if you feel like you wouldnt feel comfortable then do new things outside of school. such as taking part in clubs, you will meet new people that have the same interests as you eventually.
if you cant make friends then focus on yourself and start working on your GCSEs, you have plenty of time to get good grades.
Anonymous #2
Report 11 months ago
just pick what you have an interest in for a job, don't rush while picking them you may not be able to change them later on.
dddd1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Do something outside of school, join a gym or some after-school club, actually make an effort to make friends cause youre not going to get friends by not doing anything, make the most of your age cause trust me once youre out of college/uni life can be a bit **** if youre still strugling with those things. If you have a dream this is a perfect age to start working on it whether that is playing a sport or starting a business, if you dont know experiment with alot of things im sure your school will have a bunch of clubs that you can join.
btw this is coming from a 19 yr old and I would do anything to be 14 again cause I spent it with nothing ever to do and now it kills me.
Anonymous #3
Report 11 months ago
I was in the same situation as you except it was worse for me because our school didn't have anywhere I could go at break other than out so I had to wander around by myself all break. However I eventually made friends and things got a lot better. My suggestion would be to do the following things:
1) Find a hobby - you sound like you find life boring and monotonous and finding a hobby would help break this monotony. Find something that you like to do and can do during your free time when you come home so you can have something to look forward to at the end of the day. It will also help you make friends. Even though these friends would be outside of school, it will help you feel less isolated and lonely.
2) Talk to people at school- If you're shy this may be difficult but you should talk to people in class. people you sit next to etc. Be nice to everyone and help people out. This will help you find friends as more people will get to know you so you'll have less of the "weirdo with no friends" image. If you talk to enough people you might find someone who you get along with.
3) Join clubs or societies at school - my school had basically no clubs or societies however if your school does, you should try joining them. Even if you're not that interested in them, they're good purely for meeting people and getting to know them.

Hopefully This is helpful. Just hang in there, things will get better just stay motivated.
Jay2004
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I was in the same situation as you except it was worse for me because our school didn't have anywhere I could go at break other than out so I had to wander around by myself all break. However I eventually made friends and things got a lot better. My suggestion would be to do the following things:
1) Find a hobby - you sound like you find life boring and monotonous and finding a hobby would help break this monotony. Find something that you like to do and can do during your free time when you come home so you can have something to look forward to at the end of the day. It will also help you make friends. Even though these friends would be outside of school, it will help you feel less isolated and lonely.
2) Talk to people at school- If you're shy this may be difficult but you should talk to people in class. people you sit next to etc. Be nice to everyone and help people out. This will help you find friends as more people will get to know you so you'll have less of the "weirdo with no friends" image. If you talk to enough people you might find someone who you get along with.
3) Join clubs or societies at school - my school had basically no clubs or societies however if your school does, you should try joining them. Even if you're not that interested in them, they're good purely for meeting people and getting to know them.

Hopefully This is helpful. Just hang in there, things will get better just stay motivated.
Thank you!
chloesky2018
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
english language - learn some fancy words and use a technique to help you answer the questions like PEFI or something else to make sure you get the marks and keep doing practice questions. analyse random texts from books and look at mark schemes to see where you get marks. also, always look at the focus of the question
what really helped me was when the exam started i would first look at the questions and highlight the sections theyre asking for so i knew where i had to look to find my quotes. and use time wisely and always keep an eye on it
english literature - make mindmaps on characters and themes. find quotes and analyse them.
condense them onto flashcards. make essay plans and learn them. look at markschemes. legit tells you how to get into the top band and keep doing practice questions
science - get ahold of the spec and use it as your checklist. get the cgp revision guides - and do excercise and practice questions in the book. make notes and flashcards and keep condensing them
maths - use maths genie and past papers and keep doing practice questions
practice, practice and practice.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (6)
7.59%
Disagree (5)
6.33%
Neither agree or disagree (22)
27.85%
Agree (32)
40.51%
Strongly Agree (14)
17.72%

Watched Threads