The Student Room Group

Does University of Sheffield monitor attendance?

I'm an overseas student, and I was wondering if your attendance is monitored for lectures? I know that you have to sign in for practicals, but does that apply to lectures, tutorials etc? Sorry if this is a dumb question.
Yes, they do as they're required to in order to ensure the international students are meeting their visa requirements.

I'd say that at least in my department they didn't do it for every module, and they do it for fewer modules in later years.
Reply 2
Original post by Helloworld_95
Yes, they do as they're required to in order to ensure the international students are meeting their visa requirements.

I'd say that at least in my department they didn't do it for every module, and they do it for fewer modules in later years.

Thank you for replying! Do you know how they monitor attendance for lectures?
Original post by gls98
Thank you for replying! Do you know how they monitor attendance for lectures?

Just signing your name on a sheet unless it's changed
I was at Uni of Sheffield last year doing a foundation year. They do monitor attendance. It's nothing technical, though. They quite literally pass around a blank sheet of paper for you to write your name on and sign.
Reply 5
I did a foundation year in the UK as well, and they did monitor attendance quite strictly. I asked around, and i was informed that for university, they don't take attendance for lectures 😃 Just for tutorials and practicals.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending