The Student Room Group

dropping out after 2 weeks

i've been at uni for 2 weeks now and i just hate it so much. i hate my course, i feel like i'm not smart enough to be here, my flatmates all think i'm weird and annoying, i can't seem to make any friends no matter how much i try and i just really hate everything that is going on. i have really never felt as alone and miserable as i do right now, and i know that everyone must be feeling this way to some extent i feel like i will just never get better and never fit in. i also feel like i'm only at university because it is what is expected of me rather than actually wanting to be here and get a degree. all of my friends and family tell me that i should just stay here even though i feel dreadful and think about dropping out every single day. is 2 weeks too soon to drop out or am i just being melodramatic?
(edited 5 years ago)
Hey! I had a similar situation last year in my first year of University! I went home after the second week to drop out as I absolutely hated it! I was 4 hours away from home, awfully homesick, I missed my friends, hated my course, it was awful! After having a chat with my parents, they said give it till October/November time and see how you feel, so I stuck it out with the mentality "only a few more weeks" but then I started settling in, and before I knew it, it was the Christmas Holidays! Give it till November, honestly you'll be kicking yourself if you don't! And try a few more societies and things!

Quick Reply

Latest