The Student Room Group

who has done the Inspector calls for GCSE?

I need help:

I need point linking Arthur Birling's treatment of Eva Smith to context during Edwardian Times. This is the part where i am extremely stuck on.

Also, I have the question 'how does the Inspector deal with Mr Birling'. Which I'm also struggling on.

Can someone please help me out?
Reply 1
If just done inspector calls for GCSE and for Birlings treatment of Eva talk about how society was very patriarchal in Edwardian times and how the social class divide was huge until it started to lessen after WW1. This is liked to how Birling sees Eva as inferior to him as she is a woman and of working class
Original post by TJ-2002
If just done inspector calls for GCSE and for Birlings treatment of Eva talk about how society was very patriarchal in Edwardian times and how the social class divide was huge until it started to lessen after WW1. This is liked to how Birling sees Eva as inferior to him as she is a woman and of working class

thank youu
the inspector deals with birling in a calm, steadfast matter whereas birling gets angry and frustrated very easily- clearly, goole has more power by being able to keep a clear head. his line of inquiry means that only he knows how the investigation'll go, putting birling at a loss.

Quick Reply

Latest