Caffeinated cations YEAR 12 GYG Watch

pizzapancakes26
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
♡ Hi, welcome to my GYG and my first post, make yourself comfortable♡

about meeee
I'm currently in Year 12 and in my 4th week of A Levels, and I am proud to say that for now, I am actually managing the workload so far.
My main interests include walking my dog because it makes him happy, volunteering, reading and spending time with family.
Subjects: Chemistry, Biology and English Literature

gcse:
I was actually one of the however-many-hundred people who got all 9s in their GCSEs- feel free to ask me anything about my journey ♡
But all in all I am really proud of my results, and I am so ready to KICK IT FOR A LEVEL!

a level choice
You may be wondering where the English lit came from- I am interested in medicine or a healthcare/sciences related degree, hence the two sciences. However my third A Level was my own choice and I decided to go for English which I love with all my heart ♡

why did i decide to start this blog?
I've always wanted my own blog to track my progress and I am so excited to see where this will go. Watch this space, I'll be updating ♡
nyxnko_
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hiya! Good luck with Year 12! :rave:
emilynxlan
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Interesting A Levels! I'm also a Year 12 so we'll get through this together! :heart:
Infinite Series
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
pizzapancakes26

Congrats of your amazing GCSE results!

Ensure you're working throughout the year because it's very easy to fall behind on A-Levels by simply missing a week of work.

Good Luck with everything
pizzapancakes26
Rep:
?
Thank you! And I’ll definitely try my best
pizzapancakes26
Rep:
?
(Original post by emilynxlan)
Interesting A Levels! I'm also a Year 12 so we'll get through this together! :heart:
Yay! What A Levels are you doing?
emilynxlan
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by pizzapancakes26)
Yay! What A Levels are you doing?
History & Media Studies. I'm also taking a Level 3 in Cambridge Technical ICT.
pizzapancakes26
Rep:
?
❤️THE WEEK SUMMARISED❤️
This week has actually been fairly manageable- not too stressed, apart from maybe a biology content overload and a few concepts in chemistry...

Bio: we’ve covered lipids, and triglycerides etc. Didn’t find these difficult conceptually, except there’s already a “stack of things to remember” building up

Chem: Shapes of molecules- explains itself if you do chem too😂bond angles and shapes to remember but honestly, it really does make sense which I’m super happy about

English: we’re moving on swiftly in both texts and the analysis is really interesting and far more developed than gcse- the discussions we have in class are so detailed and bursting with creativity

We also had open evening yesterday at school and leading tours of the school has had me exhausted😭how are you guys doing?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by pizzapancakes26; 4 months ago
nyxnko_
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I've always hated shapes of molecules and learning all those names/bond angles.. it was particularly frustrating when you learnt all of those and then AQA throws a flipping curve ball at you! :rant:
glad you had a good week though :woo:
pizzapancakes26
Rep:
?
(Original post by nyxnko_)
I've always hated shapes of molecules and learning all those names/bond angles.. it was particularly frustrating when you learnt all of those and then AQA throws a flipping curve ball at you! :rant:
glad you had a good week though :woo:
Thanks! how has your week been?
nyxnko_
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Thanks! how has your week been?
it's been a little up-and-down but still okay :yes:
thanks for asking :hugs:
pizzapancakes26
Rep:
?
Helloooooooo :suith:
This school week has now drawn to a close on this gloomy Friday and I must say, I've had quite a week.
On Wednesday, our school went to see a workshop named Safe Drive Stay Alive, based on safe driving with real testimonies of car crash survivors and people who have been involved. It was really emotional and moving for me and it definitely put very important message across of being responsible as a young driver.
CHEM: We have continued with VSEPR theory and shapes of molecules- I am finally confident with this and I am so happy We have also done some basic GCSE recap with our other teacher on Group 2 metals and their reactivity and periodicity in the table.
BIO: We have covered basic cell structure and I must say, there are so many new things to be found in cells- who knew the cell membrane was more than just an outline of the cell?! We have also done a practical on determining glucose concentration, and we have covered the basic biological molecules.
ENGLISH LIT: Reading on through the Merchant's Tale and the Duchess of Malfi- they are really interesting and I love the discussions that we are able to have regarding various topics I am passionate about such as attitudes towards women.

In terms of other things, I am also taking part in debating and public speaking at my school and I can't wait for our next event
How was your week?
Tolgarda
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Exceptional GCSE results! What subjects did you do?

I'm also studying chemistry and English literature! What awarding bodies are you with for the two subjects? What are your prescribed texts for literature!

I'd love to be a part of this GYG!
pizzapancakes26
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tolgarda)
Exceptional GCSE results! What subjects did you do?

I'm also studying chemistry and English literature! What awarding bodies are you with for the two subjects? What are your prescribed texts for literature!

I'd love to be a part of this GYG!
Hey it means a lot to me that you’re here to support, much love ❤️ I’m with OCR B Salters for chemistry and WJEC for English x for my GCSE’s, I did the obvious, English maths etc as well as French, history, triple science, religious studies and Polish as its my native language.

For literature we are doing the Duchess of Malfi , A Streetcar Named Desire, The Merchant’s Tale, Hamlet and in poetry, Mean Time by Carol Ann Duffy as well as Whitsun Weddings 🙂
What are your texts for English? And also, what made you pick a science and English, just like me? I loved English and I couldn’t let it go, but I also loved the sciences so I put the two together heehee
Tolgarda
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hey it means a lot to me that you’re here to support, much love ❤️ I’m with OCR B Salters for chemistry and WJEC for English x for my GCSE’s, I did the obvious, English maths etc as well as French, history, triple science, religious studies and Polish as its my native language.

For literature we are doing the Duchess of Malfi , A Streetcar Named Desire, The Merchant’s Tale, Hamlet and in poetry, Mean Time by Carol Ann Duffy as well as Whitsun Weddings 🙂
What are your texts for English? And also, what made you pick a science and English, just like me? I loved English and I couldn’t let it go, but I also loved the sciences so I put the two together heehee
I understand. Congratulations on such fantastic results.

I am also studying Hamlet for English literature! However, my other texts are part of dystopian literature (Nineteen Eighty-Four and A Handmaid's Tale). I'm also doing Rosetti for poetry.

I want to pursue a career in linguistics in the future. However, I really enjoyed chemistry, and I was influenced to pick a STEM subject.
Last edited by Tolgarda; 4 months ago
pizzapancakes26
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tolgarda)
I understand. Congratulations on such fantastic results.

I am also studying Hamlet for English literature! However, my other texts are part of dystopian literature (Nineteen Eighty-Four and A Handmaid's Tale). I'm also doing Rosetti for poetry.

I want to pursue a career in linguistics in the future. However, I really enjoyed chemistry, and I was influenced to pick a STEM subject.
Thank you! And I love 1984 so far, I’m over halfway through reading it!
Tolgarda
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Thank you! And I love 1984 so far, I’m over halfway through reading it!
Yes, so do I. It's a fantastic book, and such a frighteningly real prospect in today's modern world too. It's fascinating watching the dystopia unravel.
gw07mcgheerachel
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Best of luck x
pizzapancakes26
Rep:
?
(Original post by gw07mcgheerachel)
Best of luck x
Thank you so much, appreciated! x
entertainmyfaith
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
good luck, i'll be following this gyg
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (97)
14.9%
Yes - a food allergy (71)
10.91%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (16)
2.46%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (18)
2.76%
No (449)
68.97%

Watched Threads