Having a sucidal boyfriend Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I have been dating a boy for over a month now and its going great! but one thing always pushes the barries further apart. He's a great guy, makes me laugh, smile to hard.

Why does the thing that always hits me is that he's sucidal and it drags me down he was a whole lot worse a year ago and i had to break up with him because i'd sit in my bed crying and frustrated at myself...

We're back together and he's better. Normal...Almost. Whenever he says im gonna do it. I feel afraid, feel like it's my fault. Soon as he says that sentence I'm angry then straight after i cry. I normally feel it coming because he's so angry at me and i know i haven't done anything but soon as he says it i automatically feel like i have.

Any support will be muchly appreciated

I need help how to act calm when this comes again.
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Is he getting any professional help at the moment? Does he have triggers which cause him to come to the conclusion that suicide is his only way out?
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have been dating a boy for over a month now and its going great! but one thing always pushes the barries further apart. He's a great guy, makes me laugh, smile to hard.

Why does the thing that always hits me is that he's sucidal and it drags me down he was a whole lot worse a year ago and i had to break up with him because i'd sit in my bed crying and frustrated at myself...

We're back together and he's better. Normal...Almost. Whenever he says im gonna do it. I feel afraid, feel like it's my fault. Soon as he says that sentence I'm angry then straight after i cry. I normally feel it coming because he's so angry at me and i know i haven't done anything but soon as he says it i automatically feel like i have.

Any support will be muchly appreciated

I need help how to act calm when this comes again.
Controlling and manipulative. very unfair on you. As said above he needs to get help. You can ask him not to say things like that, but i think he needs help and knows or doesnt care that hes doing it.

Childline 08001111 or Samaritans 116 123 or Kooth.com
Last edited by 999tigger; 5 months ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Pathway)
Is he getting any professional help at the moment? Does he have triggers which cause him to come to the conclusion that suicide is his only way out?
He sees a therapist once a week
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
He sees a therapist once a week
Honestly, you need to put your own mental health first. He's being controlling and manipulative and it's wrong of him to use something as serious as suicide to control you (controlling you in general is wrong). Get out of the relationship now. Inform his parents that you're concerned he might do something. But don't stick around for it. It'll only get worse.
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
He threatens suicide when he's angry with you?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by bones-mccoy)
He threatens suicide when he's angry with you?
He gets moods, Alot is happening at school (getting bullied) so he warns me he's in a bad mood and gets a bit angry (Not alot!!) he then says sorry. About an hour or so after he's so depressed and says he's planning to do it, he never does. but i feel like one day he will...
agrew
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
For your own mental health, think carefully whether you want to stay with this person. I knew some people who used to be in the similar situation, and in their cases their partners, at some points, started using "suicide" as a mean to control them. Obviously, I'm not saying he will do that, but this is something you should be aware of.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by agrew)
For your own mental health, think carefully whether you want to stay with this person. I knew some people who used to be in the similar situation, and in their cases their partners, at some points, started using "suicide" as a mean to control them. Obviously, I'm not saying he will do that, but this is something you should be aware of.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind,
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (134)
18.23%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (73)
9.93%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (127)
17.28%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (105)
14.29%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (72)
9.8%
How can I be the best version of myself? (224)
30.48%

Watched Threads